Some interesting pics from Cricket 2005

neon

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Look at the confidence meter. Its half full and Lou Vincent hasn't even gotten off the mark.
a3fdd5eb.bmp

The rough spots on the first day evening.
a6186b51.bmp

The rough spots on the second day wicket.
d5f83ed8.bmp

As usual, the rough areas are perfectly symmetrical on both sides of the wicket.

The confidence meter is more to do with how you are hitting the ball rather than the runs scored.

Also perhaps it has carried on from the previous test match or previous innings?

I would expect it to be the other way for Lou Vincent for him to be on 100 and the confidence metre to be 0.

Confidance meter increases as the ball hits the bats & decreases if the ball misses the bat.
It not becos of scoring runs but the ball hitting the bat.

I dont think that any batsman is going to be confident if he's played 39 balls and scored 0 runs. EA should have taken no. of runs scored into account while designing the confidence meter.

i think the confidence metre is accurate,, same as in a game of football, like cricket, once you touch the ball, be it a pass in football, or a defensive shot in cricket your confidence grows and you warm to the game, even if you didn't score a goal or make a run,,,, ya see?!

neon said:
I dont think that any batsman is going to be confident if he's played 39 balls and scored 0 runs. EA should have taken no. of runs scored into account while designing the confidence meter.

sorry but i dont think so. every batman who comes new at the pitch have to check out the pitch and the ball firstly. after hitting 30 balls and getting no runs, its fully logic to me, that hes confident meter grows up...

foggy123 said:
i think the confidence metre is accurate,, same as in a game of football, like cricket, once you touch the ball, be it a pass in football, or a defensive shot in cricket your confidence grows and you warm to the game, even if you didn't score a goal or make a run,,,, ya see?!

fully agree, the example with the goal is a good one ;)

One thing that annoys me about this (same in cricket 2004) is that as the computer batsman leaves a ball, he gains confidence. Now when i do it, nothing happens. I'm just left there on 0 confidence. How exactly is that fair.

I think its because the CPU left a good ball. hahaha

And yea. I think teh confidence meter is fine because in real cricket you sometimes see openers wait about 2 overs with no runs and suddenly they start smashing boundaries all around.

Users who are viewing this thread