South Africa in England

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
3rd is good, I'm happy with that. We're not good enough for 2nd, probably don't deserve to be 3rd, but meh, we're there on merit as it's done on a point system so I'm not going to complain. We've probably played more games than anyone else as well. BBC are reporting that it's still hammering it down in Cardiff. Very little chance of anymore play today.

DPRA

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
3rd is good, I'm happy with that. We're not good enough for 2nd, probably don't deserve to be 3rd, but meh, we're there on merit as it's done on a point system so I'm not going to complain. We've probably played more games than anyone else as well. BBC are reporting that it's still hammering it down in Cardiff. Very little chance of anymore play today.

Its only spitting mate. :cool:

Another Inspection at 6.15pm. If they don't start then, I think that that could be it im afraid.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Not going to be a full game. The weather's supposed to get worse as the day gets on, so I can't see there being any chance of the game finishing. Suppose we'll have to stick to 4-0. Flintoff for man of the series tbh.

DPRA

International Cricketer

Valaskjalf

Club Captain
I really doubt you'd beat Australia or New Zealand either, but if that's what you think then congratulations. The rankings are interesting, but rarely do they give a fair indication of which teams are ranked where. Teams have bad periods and good periods. But anyway, with all this 2nd in the world talk, England still haven't won the last game yet. I wouldn't be so sure of it. South Africa now have nothing to lose really. I just hope they treat it as though it matters, they don't seem to care much at present.

Do you have a bad memory? You won that ODI series 2-1. It was far from a slaughter. lus it wasn't a few months ago, it was last year! About 7-8 months ago.

The first ODI you won off the last ball in the match. Slaughtering? Hillarious.
The second we won. We got slaughtered there as well. In fact we bowled you out for 209 and chased it in 35 overs. :/
The third was chased down with 4 overs to spare and 5 wickets down and on the day Gibbs was just on fire, well done, that's no where near the margins England put on you.

Speaking of slaughter, we slaughtered you in the World Cup.

wow little touchy are we? LOL And who cares if you slaugtered us in the World Cup? Doesnt mean anything, we lost to Bangladesh...doesnt mean they're better than us. At least we can still play test cricket.

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
Where the hell was this weather when Sri Lanka were caning us 2 years ago :p

Magz

Club Cricketer
Great stuff from England. I reckon Pietersen has brought a new era, perhaps we shall see a repeat of 05 next year.

irottev

School Cricketer
Yay, England denied the 5-0. Still, at least they went undefeated, that's the main thing.

So what's the ranking now?

Australia
New Zealand
England
South Africa

Or is it done stupidly and South Africa lost no points and stayed 2nd?

irottev

School Cricketer
By the looks of the ICC site, it has SA at 2 and England then New Zealand on equal points. Weird.

But that's cool, coz we have Bangladesh, West Indies and then India. First 2 series will put us up to second easy.

Users who are viewing this thread