South Africa in India

It doesn't matter anyhow. The selectors will probably go with the boneheaded fans who'll want to persist with the flawed side that was just slaughtered under four days, rather than address the problems.

I agree with Graeme Smith in that the Proteas now have a deadly bowling attack. Steyn is getting better and more dangerous with time and can now be compared with Brett Lee.

India really have no excuses for this one, they played poorly and deserved to lose. As far as the Proteas are concerned, I now consider them as serious contenders for the Aussies although I still think they are short by a player or two.

I agree with Graeme Smith in that the Proteas now have a deadly bowling attack. Steyn is getting better and more dangerous with time and can now be compared with Brett Lee.

He will be better than Lee

I would still blame the BCCI for cramping the schedule and for this loss.Its just insane that your team plays a Test Series with SAF within 15 days of returning from AUS tour.

Pawar-go back !

I reckon Parthiv deserves the place more than Karthik.

You desevre neg rep for that :p

IMO, same team, except I think Kaif or Yuvi should play.

In place of Pathan,yes Irfan would be dropped,though he excelled in batting,he hasnt really contributed anything while bowling.

Why drop Irfan. Drop RP Singh and Sreesanth.

Irfan
Ishant
Kumble/Chawla - whoever is fit
Harbhajan

Why drop Irfan. Drop RP Singh and Sreesanth.

Irfan
Ishant
Kumble/Chawla - whoever is fit
Harbhajan

Irfan is only contributing with the bat,we need him to take wickets,not to open the innings.RP will go if Ishant passes the fitness test.Sree is the only one who has looked penatrative enough. If Ishant doesnt play,they might go back to Munaf as well.

I heard that Praveen Kumar could be given a look in,with Jaffer out of the side.Kumar would then open the batting.

No not another makeshift openor. Sehwag is always lottery. We need solid openor. And who needs fast bowlers. All wickets will be taken by Bhajji and Jumbo. I say stick with Irfan. If anyone wants to open he can open too. :p

LOL

India have labelled themselves the future top nation of International cricket but by the looks of things they're going to have lost their last 2 test series.

What has happened to Sreesanth? I remember him in South Africa, he was beast.

Umm, India bowled awfully in the last test, so are fixing that by bringing in Munaf Patel, Lol. Wouldn't be the choice for me. I'd rather have Sree and RP tbh.

Sree is out,Ishant will be the only bowler.And the stupid selection panel has ensured that the Mumbai lobby stays by persisting with Wasim Jaffer,shocking indeed.
Ramesh Powar comes in as a cover for Kumble.I'd rather have Pragyan Ojha in there.

Doesnt matter. Powar will not play and so too had Ojha had he been selected. Yuvraj can bowl what Ojha dishes out.

For that Yuvraj needs to play. If Kumble sits out,well,the newest India Test captain will take charge. Dhoni captaining a Test,well taht would be interesting.
I'd like to see KKD open the innings.

Oh no, not Dadaji...hope he doesn't play for India's sake.

I agree with Sid, the four bowlers must be:

8) Irfan Pathan
9) Anil Kumble/Piyush Chawla
10) Harbhajan Singh
11) Ishant Sharma

I don't think India can afford to play 5 bowlers again after that abysmal display at Motera, even if it is a better batting track, not that the last one was that bad.

Users who are viewing this thread