South Africa in India

Yes, but can you expect Munaf to do any better, at least Sree picked up some wickets, Munaf would been just like RP in my opinion. I would have much rather had Praveen Kumar in the squad instead of Munaf.

Any Indian seamer would have struggled, probably even Ishant, to me.

South African seamers succeeded with the use of pace on the same pitch though. I feel that Munaf Patel and Ishant Sharma are the two people most likely to extract something from the pitch. Sreesanth and RP Singh are moreso 'kiss the pitch' bowlers who rely on the natural pace of the pitch (usually provided by a thin grass covering) to carry the ball through.

Praveen Kumar is an interesting one, I do rate him highly but cannot decide whether his ODI exploits can translate to Test level. He swings the ball massively, as he showed in the Ranji Trophy Final with his 8-fer, but I am sceptical to see if he can keep the pace at an international level (above 125kph) for an entire Test innings. With his small frame and unspectacular run up, his pace really is a matter of pure effort at delivery - can this be sustained when he is tired?

Looking at how he did in the Ranji finals, I'd say so. He's not just a swing bowler either, I've seen dart the ball around before, on seaming wickets too.

India do sometimes prepare the greenest of greentops though as a half-baked effort for a sporting pitch.

Yeah, I think the last pitch kind of backfired on us, I think they were really trying to avoid a pitch like Chennai, but instead gave a perfect pitch for the Proteas.

Well apart from Pitches BCCI have Shown there Biased intentions.
It doesn’t make me any sense that They have brought back Powar for back up of kumble. They would have bring any of young spinner or Faster. Why the hell they are still stick with old Mumbai Players?

I will admit that I am not an expert on regional politics, but my guess is that Powar's selection has much to do with his batting ability.

Exactly, I still can't believe they ignored Murali Kartik.

Manee - Powar is shocking with the bat nowadays, if they were going to do that, they would have picked Yusuf Pathan or something.

Last edited:
I will admit that I am not an expert on regional politics, but my guess is that Powar's selection has much to do with his batting ability.

He is as dead with his batting as Munaf with his Fielding.:p

Powar because of his batting ability? Thats a lame reason IMO.

Who cares about a spinners batting ability, there not in the team for that, Murali Kartik should have been picked instead of this roly-poly...

Exactly, I still can't believe they ignored Murali Kartik.

Manee - Powar is shocking with the bat nowadays, if they were going to do that, they would have picked Yusuf Pathan or something.

kartik unfortunately got injured

and btw he was picked in the 16 but he got injured at the wrong time

and if kumble is injured then y cant piyush chawla replace him?

they should have picked dinesh karthik or ghambhir to replace jaffer

I think Jaffer deserves one more chance, then we can get rid of him, done and dusted. I would guess that Chawla will replace Kumble, if he is injured.

Yep, still can't get over the fact that they haven't replaced Jaffer...:(

Well thanks mate but I bever heared till your post that M Kartik is injured.
Anyway I think If kumble won't play than Piyush gonna have go.Because He is also leg spinner and He always lack of Chances.

I think Jaffer deserves one more chance, then we can get rid of him, done and dusted. I would guess that Chawla will replace Kumble, if he is injured.

wat if its a flatbed and jaffer makes a 100??
hwat if he based on this he gets picked for aus 4 match series and fails miserably in that series??

lemme ask u this

wat kind of a message are the selectors sending to the domestic players like badrinath, ghmabhir who are waiting in the wings?

wat abt pragyan ohja?? im sure he deserves 10 times more than ramesh powar

Users who are viewing this thread