South Africa in India

Brilliant point there Gujju kid. I must say that the selectos of our squad must be retarded or summat. Jaffer fails something like 6 times in a row, then brings up a score which is quite good. Now he has done that countless times, there is no consistency in that...

Have you realised his last two big scores have come on absolute flatbeds, Kolkota and Chennai...

Link

Does that you tell you summat about him?

A: Flatbead bully, useless on other pitches....

and i was just realising this

but dhoni has played nonstop cricket for over the last yr including 20/20

is it time to rest him??? give him a break??

get maybe parthiv patel or dinesh karthik to play?

Not so much about giving him a break, its about giving him a reality check in test cricket.

He can't keep failing in this format.

I personally feel Dhoni is in good Comfort Zone.
He is captain of Indian ODI side.
Only thing which irritates me is his Shot selection.I can understand that every player has its own style to bat but that doesn't mean you get every time out by Stupid shot.
He should have some responsibility as He always loves to realize people their responsibility.

if any youngster in india wants to play as a batsmen in the indian team then they should not watch when dhoni bats lol

its just ugly

Ya I don't know Lots of people here don't agree with that but me 100 %.
Specially because he always bat with luck.You never know What he gonna do next?
I don't expect him to hit straight drive like Sachin does but At least He can play with his limitation.
What is he proving when He trying to hit cover drive to D Styen?
It can go for boundaries 4 times out of 10..But Other six times He gives catches to the Slip!!

if any youngster in india wants to play as a batsmen in the indian team then they should not watch when dhoni bats lol

its just ugly

I dont care as long as Dhoni scores runs.....

Dhoni is that aggressive guy we need in test matches. He has already changed his game to suit the situation and will learn more. He has showed the tendency to learn and play according to what the team wants. But invariably, his mind takes over and makes him try the shots that he is so good and destructive with, and it leads to his downfall in intl. cricket.

Dhoni is the next big Indian star in all formats - accept it or not. I can assure that he will end up big (may be not as big as Sachin)

What is he proving when He trying to hit cover drive to D Styen?
It can go for boundaries 4 times out of 10..But Other six times He gives catches to the Slip!!

There is something called 'instinct' which many batsmen rely on. Its just that cricket has grown so much into our blood that we bisect the players performance more than before.

Dhoni deserves a break more than anyone else. But the captain of India (any format) almost always never takes a break. This happened with Dravid, happening with Dhoni and even Kumble played with his injury in Ahmedabad (he went through a fitness test after the 2nd test confirming that he was not fully fit for the 2nd test).

Dont know if its insecurity or what else?

Last edited:
I think It has to do with a tradition.We have tradition like this that Our Captain never take rests..lol.:p

@Instinct-I agree with you.i am not telling that Dhoni is not capable of something but I want him to play with his limitation.
I have felt that Cricket has changed these days with lots of Aggressive and Scoring Cricketing Shots But My point was about Shot Selection.
If It is about Responsibility then He should had not play those shots in both innings.

how abt we kidnap senior side and let Under 19 play Proteas.

That will be insane Sid:p
well good news is that Ishant in for 3rd test.
Though He has just came after Injury so I don't expect him to take 5 wickets.but It will boost the Intensity for Indians.

Ishant and Kumble subjected to fitness report.

Though knowing Indian fitness reports they will pass easily. :p

And They will play with 50 percent of their intensity rather not allow some youngster to have a go.

I will admit that I am not an expert on regional politics, but my guess is that Powar's selection has much to do with his batting ability.

I dont think so,Powar as a batsman,well he hasnt really done anything. Its more to do with maintaining the Mumbai lobby.

wat if its a flatbed and jaffer makes a 100??
hwat if he based on this he gets picked for aus 4 match series and fails miserably in that series??
wat abt pragyan ohja?? im sure he deserves 10 times more than ramesh powar

With S Pawar and Niranjan Shah out there,what else do you expect ?

I am tired of thie mumbai lobby.
They should have make one special team from Mumbai including Powar,Agarkar and Company.
Just leave the international arena Let give youngster a Chance.
They work hard to get a Chance.

I completely disagree with Powar's selection, since he could not get into the West Zone team - it shows a lack of regard for the domestic system and such a policy must stop. The domestic policy must lie below and work as an extention of the international system, currently, it seems to only perform the former. However, with an FC batting average of 30.52 - and an FC batting average of 25.25 last season, it must be seen that the selectors feel that India must compensate with an all rounder at eight (or nine if Pathan plays) if Kumble is injured. What worries me is that he was not in good bowling form for Mumbai and that someone's premier art is disregard for their secondary one.

Personally, I do not rate Murali Kartik much and so feel that Piyush Chawla should come in if Kumble is injured. Moreover, I would not be adversed for India to give Virender Sehwag more responsibility with the ball, in the event that Kumble is replaced by a pace bowler - I think that he is a talented spin bowler who could play the role of a second spinner well.

Users who are viewing this thread