South Africa in India

Because Munaf is the fittest player in India, he's the best medium pace bowlers in India, he's got the best batting ability in India and every time he ges a chance to play for India he never fails constantly...

:rolleyes:

haha lol nice joke its the opposite way around

No disrespect for India but I think South Africa will show why they are the number 2 test team with another thumping win over India, SA just have more going for them over India as they just seem to have no clue about who should actually be in the test side....my 2 cents...

i think its going to be really hard to get a draw in the series but you never know just have to wait and see. it will be hard for it to be worser then the 2nd test.

Well As long as There is a hope no problem at all to Draw the Series.
Problem will come If India will play same as they have played in 2nd test.
You can't ask South Africa to drop their Standard.Only India have to be better than South Africa if they want to Draw the Series.

India will have to produce a perform out of this world to level this series.

As Vaibhav Bhai said, there is hope with the likes of Sharma coming in and the Piyush Chawla will be interesting...

I am pretty sure Sharma hasn't been passed fit yet since the squad has not been cut down to 14 yet. IIRC, the fitness tests are on the 10th.

Buts its almost certain he's fit enough to play in this test I think...

It’s a story of two tales, India who came back from down under with their tales high are now left with their tales in between their legs, South Africa have won a test series in Pakistan and one in Bangladesh adding India to their name would be a remarkable feat considering SA poor record on the sub-continent.

Kumble said that India would need to play good cricket in order to be the second best team ranked behind Australia, even if they do win the next match to level the series I can’t say India played better than SA, in the first match actually just one guy took India to that massive score while in other case the SA batting line-up gave support to each other, the Indians are heaping too much hope on guys such as Sehwag, Dravid and so forth, I know that the Saffers do rely a lot on Kallis, but now with Smith, McKenzie, De Villiers, Hamla and to a certain degree Prince and Boucher all making useful contributions and playing their natural game around each other has given them more freedom to play with.

India were ruthless in Australia though now I’m hardly seeing a shadow of the team who were in the face of Australia, maybe the psychological edge they tried on SA hasn’t worked after all Smith has matured as a captain since the 2004 series against England at South Africa were Smith talked the talk but couldn’t walk the walk…it’s good enough to make comments but you should follow it up, like they say action speaks louder than words and action has proven that for South Africa.

Last edited:
South Africa are number two to me right now (irrespective of who wins at Kanpur). India let off their foot from the accelerator after significant successes (T20 World Cup, Australian tour, etc). They dont have the goods to keep their feet on the ground and press on. The sooner they learn it, the better

India got overconfident after their win in Australia and were still on that high. Not to mention all of the advertising for the IPL. So, it's natural that they lost.

To bounce back, India need to ditch RP Singh, Jaffer, and Harbhajan. Jaffer, for many years now, has had a string of poor scores followed by a century or an 80 or something. He's such an inconsistent opener. Harbhajan has talent but no brains. Whenever he gets a wicket, it's because the batsman gets himself out. RP Singh is horribly out of form and needs to recover. It also sucks that Tendulkar is injured, but we need to stop relying on the little master.

My squad would be:
Virender Sehwag, Rahul Dravid, Sourav Ganguly, VVS Laxman, Mohammad Kaif, Mahendra Singh Dhoni (wk), Irfan Pathan, Anil Kumble (capt), Piyush Chawla, Ishant Sharma, Sreesanth

I'd choose Chawla above Harbhajan anyday, even though there'll be two leggies. Sehwag can also bowl a few. And seeing his domestic form, I'd choose Kaif over Jaffer. Irfan Pathan is an auto-pick for me since he can bowl and bat.

i hope out batting fires and bowling because batters and bowlers havnt been consistent enough i hope we win the 3rd test to draw the series

I think India will win third test only in the case If South africa play something unbelievable.Its not like India don't have potential or talent to beat South africa but Point is that South Africa is much more Relaxed and organized.
India already Struggling with injuries of Sachin,Ishant and kumble.Plus there is a slight Hang over of Aussis series.And More Drastically lack of concentration as Much more oriented towards IPL.

ishant sharma needs to man up seriously

blast this saffers aways

im tired of this

we are better than SAF

wth is this? how dare they come in our own den and humiliate us

Personally Kumble needs to be rested and dhoni given captaincy until Kumble comes back. Yuvraj Singh was a joke in Australia so i'm up for moving to the next man in the pecking order. Drop Jaffer for Gambhir (alas fallen on deaf ears). Ganguly and laxman should be at 4 and 5 respectively.
Gambhir
Sehwag
Dravid
Ganguly
Laxman
Kaif/Yuvraj/Any young player
Dhoni
Irfan
Kartik/Chawla
Ishant (if fit)/young pace bowler (not VVS Singh)
Sree

Chopping and changing just about everything won't work. Not to mention that our selectors have never really done it in the past. I predict we will see a maximum of 2 changes in the line-up. I think Jaffer's place is unfortunately safe. We may see a couple of changes in the bowling due to Kumble's injury/Ishant's comeback. We may also revert to 7 batsmen.

Users who are viewing this thread