South Africa in India

Spot on Sohum.I also told same on last page that Team Changes won't gonna help India until they raise up their Standards.
Someone Mentioned We are better than South Africa but Sorry to say Cricket is all about Clicking yourself at right time on right place.Cricket not runs by Records.You need to perform to prove yourself and thats also Consistently.
If it has been all about Better and Home arena then India would had never beat Aussis in Australia.
By Current Performance India proving that Sachin is still vital for India.and to beat good team You need the master any day.

Yeah, this Test isn't for drastic changes, that just won't work.

The fitness tests are tomorrow. After the fitness Tests, the squads will be cut down the 14 players. The 14 man squad will likely be:

Wasim Jaffer
Virender Sehwag
Rahul Dravid
Sourav Ganguly
VVS Laxman
Mohammad Kaif
Yuvraj Singh
MS Dhoni
Anil Kumble*(capt.)/Ramesh Powar
Piyush Chawla
Harbhajan Singh
Ishant Sharma*/Sreesanth or Munaf Patel
Sreesanth*/Munaf Patel

*Pending fitness.

Last edited:
To be honest, I can't see Harbhajan Singh not being picked, as much as I don't want him to be picked.

h singh has to play, he has doing well, dont like the guy that much but doing well.

Most of the wickets have been mistakes from the batsman to be truthful, he is rather useless, Chawla would be so much more effective, especially considering that SA haven't played him yet, or even if they have, he is still pretty new to them.

Harbhajan has talent but no brains. Whenever he gets a wicket, it's because the batsman gets himself out. RP Singh is horribly out of form and needs to recover. It also sucks that Tendulkar is injured, but we need to stop relying on the little master.

What nonsense????

Harbhajan has been India's highest wicket taker of the series, and India's best bowler of the series so far. He is the only guy who has looked like getting India out of jail various times.Kumble has been pathetic in this series while Harbhajan has looked threatening.

Most of the wickets have been mistakes from the batsman to be truthful, he is rather useless, Chawla would be so much more effective, especially considering that SA haven't played him yet, or even if they have, he is still pretty new to them.

You must be blind or you havent been watching the games live. Harbhajan's loop has come back, he is now consistently slowing his speed down IN THIS SERIES to give more flight to the ball and is looking to take wickets rather than trying to keep the batsmen down. In this series, Harbhajan has been a better bowler than any of the Indian bowlers on view

When he is back, acknowledge it. Its irritating to read the same cryline "Its more of the batsmen getting out" thing.

Last edited:

They have. In the ODI triangular between IND, SA and Ireland.

Yep, he has stopped bowling darts, and was looping them up beautifully outside off stump and he looked like he was gonna get a wicketr every ball -sadly that was not to be :(:p. He has been our best bowler and we can't drop him, we need him because Kumble is....well I never though I'd say this, but his been rubbish is this series so far, so lets hope he bowls well this match.

Yep, he has stopped bowling darts, and was looping them up beautifully outside off stump and he looked like he was gonna get a wicketr every ball -sadly that was not to be :(:p. He has been our best bowler and we can't drop him, we need him because Kumble is....well I never though I'd say this, but his been rubbish is this series so far, so lets hope he bowls well this match.

Not sure if you were trying to be sarcastic.. I didnt say he was looking to taking a wicket every ball. But he was showing a significant improvement from some of his previous test matches where he was in the ODI/T20 mode of the "economy saver" mode.

I have a feeling that India will go down in the series by 2-0 :D

Go AB Go :D

India will level it 1-1 with a comprehensive victory over South Africa in the third test at Kanpur starting April 11, 2008

Be confident man! I am sure that the Motera defeat is enough to stir up this Indian side out from their Australian high.

Last edited:
Well its not wise to guess for indian team.I have still good feeling that India won't let anybody win at home.But thats what my heart feeling.If you ask mind then India is struggling badly with fitness problem of Kumble and Ishant.
If Kumble won't play then I think India will reduce their chances up to 40%.

Reports are saying that the Kanpur Pitch is already cracked and that the game is not likely to last more than 3 days.

Users who are viewing this thread