South Africa in India

And I have posted in General.
South Africa will be more disappointed if they will bat last.
So My point was South Africa will be more concerned about toss than India.

Yep, cos we can play spin better, and also we got 3 spinner, 3 spinners on the last day would be hectic...

Sehwag
Pathan
Dravid
Ganguly
Laxman
Kaif
Dhoni
Bhajji
Piyush
Anil* If fit/Pawar :( / Sreesanth
Ishant

Thoughts? Feeling really bad on playing Pawar though, and I don't want Kumble not to be match fit...

Ahh.
There was a picture yesterday on the main page with a caption of Harbajan inspecting the green top or something.

Last edited:
Lol, probably got mixed up because the name of the stadium is 'Green Park'...

Sehwag
Pathan
Dravid
Ganguly
Laxman
Kaif
Dhoni
Bhajji
Piyush
Ishant

Thoughts? Feeling really bad on playing Pawar though, and I don't want Kumble not to be match fit...

TBH, I don't see the point in played 3 spinners , because you only need 2 to be in form to destroy a batting line up...

Last edited:
Ishant

Lol..Thats the Best part of the Post..lol.:

Well I still think if Kumble won't play then better India would go with 2 Seamers and two spinners.Irfan will be Good Choice.
I hope Neither Munaf nor Powar will get chance.i am tired of this Mumbai lobby and N Shah who wants Munaf to marry her Daughter.:p

Lol..Thats the Best part of the Post..lol.:

Well I still think if Kumble won't play then better India would go with 2 Seamers and two spinners.Irfan will be Good Choice.
I hope Neither Munaf nor Powar will get chance.i am tired of this Mumbai lobby and N Shah who wants Munaf to marry her Daughter.:p

Is that actually true? :p, Heehee...

Ya, I think the Playing XI should be:

1) Sehwag C
2) Dravid
3) Laxman
4) Ganguly
5) Kaif
6) Yuvraj
7) Dhoni +
8) Pathan
9) Harbhajan
10) Chawla
11) Sharma

Latest news is that Ramesh Powar and Munaf Patel have been sent back home.

It says to me that both Sreesanth and Anil Kumble are close to being match fit and might be available for selection tomorrow morning. I guess this might be the team

V.Sehwag
W. Jaffer
R. Dravid
VVS Laxman
S Ganguly
MS Dhoni
I Pathan
A Kumble
H Singh
P Chawla
I Sharma

Irfan might be retained for his batting. Since the wicket focusses extensively on spinners, Sreesanth is not actually needed and Irfan's slow cutters might work well.

So Far`best Team We can manage.
If kumble is fit enough then its great news for India.
Lets hope India win the Toss tomorrow.:upray

What nonsense????

Harbhajan has been India's highest wicket taker of the series, and India's best bowler of the series so far. He is the only guy who has looked like getting India out of jail various times.Kumble has been pathetic in this series while Harbhajan has looked threatening.

Stop sounding so offended. Harbhajan is the second worst bowler India possess, after that fatty Powar. The reason he's had a "good" series is because everyone else is out of form and sucking.

Stop sounding so offended. Harbhajan is the second worst bowler India possess, after that fatty Powar. The reason he's had a "good" series is because everyone else is out of form and sucking.

Good that you stand by your opinion. I dont agree and I stand by mine that Harbhajan has been a much improved self from the recent test matches where he has bowled. I dont rate him just by the wickets he has taken. I am a pretty keen observer of the game and I see how he bowls, the changes he has made, etc.

Not going to change my tone of posts. Its my right. Might sound offending to you and very much different to someone else.

Harbajan has always bowled well in Indian conditions. That in itself should give him a spot in the team.

if Kumble is fit it's a huge bonus. But I want Chawla to play.

Go with three spinners, it'll be a good move.

Harbajan has always bowled well in Indian conditions. That in itself should give him a spot in the team.

if Kumble is fit it's a huge bonus. But I want Chawla to play.

Go with three spinners, it'll be a good move.

Yes, I was initially scared that Powar might be selected to partner Bhajji and Kumble. But thankfully he has been sent back as he was just a back up and that Kumble is almost fit to take the field.

If we go with five bowlers that causes our middle order to be far too brittle. I've always enjoyed the comfort of batting till seven, then Kumble at eight - he's a batsman in his own merit.
Chawla too is a profilic all rounder, so if Pathan opens we could still bat until nine.

This is off topic, but I'd like for all of you to read the interview of Adam Gilchrist that I conducted - links in my sig. Sorry for the small bits of advertising, mods, but I couldn't resist!

Good that you stand by your opinion. I dont agree and I stand by mine that Harbhajan has been a much improved self from the recent test matches where he has bowled. I dont rate him just by the wickets he has taken. I am a pretty keen observer of the game and I see how he bowls, the changes he has made, etc.

Hm. Although it doesn't take much keen observing when he's being smashed for fours and sixes :p

Not going to change my tone of posts. Its my right. Might sound offending to you and very much different to someone else.

Was never taking away your right, dude. Just reminding you that after all, its just a game.

Well Dhoni for Test.Means Kumble not playing.
Kumble not Playing+South Africa have won the toss and Bat first+India will bat last on this pitch+Yuvraj in....
I am loosening out even before the Match get Started.
Hope ishant will take care of India.

Users who are viewing this thread