South Africa in India

It is better if that does happen, because then the selectors won't have any excuse to choose him.

Well you can see Jaffer easily struggling here, as he can't be bothered to move his feet, (BTW a lot of players don't like Sehwag but it works for them), he will get out early me reckons, you can just imagine him edging it straight to Graeme Smith at 1st Slip, sorry for being pessimistic but its so true...

:laugh
I am feeling last Chance for Jaffer tomorrow.Because if he won't get good score tomorrow than G Gambhir or A Chopra will have a go.
And I think It will be better for India also.

:laugh
I am feeling last Chance for Jaffer tomorrow.Because if he won't get good score tomorrow than G Gambhir or A Chopra will have a go.
And I think It will be better for India also.

Ya, In the long term it will be better.

You'd think Jaffer is an experiened batsmen, he think every ball is there to be driven outside off stump disregarding the length.

And Ya Mob, this time the selecotrs won't be able to say 'what about that 70 he made at Chennai', because that will be long now...

To be fair, Gambhir has had some decent cracks at the whip to seal an opening spot. An average of 32 isn't particularly great for a team chasing Australia to be the best.

To be fair, Gambhir has had some decent cracks at the whip to seal an opening spot. An average of 32 isn't particularly great for a team chasing Australia to be the best.

He plays with a diagonal bat, no good for Tests IMO...

I do not believe in technical scrutiny, tbh - too many things to consider to make an informed decision.

I tend to agree tbh, it's about performance, and performance only to me. Yes, the best techniques will always be praised the most, but getting the runs for the team is enough to me.

I would give Gambhir another chance. I wont look into too much of technical things. Gambhir is a good batsman and has the patience required to bat in a test match. He is in good flow now with the recent success in Australia

I hope Jaffer fails tomorrow. Coz some one else deserve that opening slot than Jaffer.

ghambhir chopra and karthik deserves it

especially sine jaffer hasnt done zilch in the last 12 innings or so apart from a 1 50 on a patta wicket

Well, Jaffer comes up with one of his classic performances again.

Actaully no Pal.Another Failure for him.
India Badly needs Partnership from Laxman and Dravid.
Batting not looks like easy on this Pitch. South Africa is using the Pitch excellently.
If you compare from last two Matches then South Africa have bowled lots of fuller and good length Deliveries rather than Short Pitch and Bouncers.

Dravid and Laxman have the skills to encounter whatever is thrown at them on this pitch. If they apply themselves and bat well, they can take India quite far on this pitch. The next 3 fellows are very poor options to survive on this wicket.

It all depends on this pair now. we have no sachin too (sachin has the expertise to survive on this type of pitch, remember mumbai 2004 where he got a 50 where all others crumbled).

I still feels Laxman is very tentative in the Middle. Dravid looks good and He has no option left except scoring.Just one Partnership of 100 will put India top in the Game.

I still feels Laxman is very tentative in the Middle. Dravid looks good and He has no option left except scoring.Just one Partnership of 100 will put India top in the Game.

Both look good now. That one over of 12 runs showed that Laxman is in good flow, and Dravid is also not faced with much problems (however its a bit early to say)

Users who are viewing this thread