South Africa vs India 2006 Second Test

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
You can register here. Deadline is on 26 December 2006 on 08:00 GMT.

And Iceman created the game, not me. ;) And I corrected the deadline.

South Africa Squad

1. GC Smith (captain)
2. JH Kallis (vice-captain)
3. HM Amla
4. MV Boucher (wicketkeeper)
5. AB de Villiers
6. HH Gibbs
7. AJ Hall
8. PL Harris
9. M Morkel
10. A Nel
11. M Ntini
12. SM Pollock
13. AG Prince
14. DW Steyn

India Squad

1. R Dravid (captain)
2. VVS Laxman (vice-captain)
3. MS Dhoni (wicketkeeper)
4. G Gambhir
5. SC Ganguly
6. Harbhajan Singh
7. W Jaffer
8. KD Karthik
9. Z Khan
10. A Kumble
11. MM Patel
12. IK Pathan
13. V Sehwag
14. VRV Singh
15. S Sreesanth
16. SR Tendulkar

Just noticed that the wrong Morkel was put in but oh well we will score him as the one that is playing this game.

aussie1st said:
Just noticed that the wrong Morkel was put in but oh well we will score him as the one that is playing this game.

Also many ppl wud have Kallis.. but wonder how many have changed it correctly now at the last moment.

I miss an quality allrounder in my team! Shocking news though!

Well I had Kallis as captain lol, luckily I thought about FC and went to cricinfo. But cricinfo seems to have stuffed me up a bit in the fact Hall isn't opening. That was the reason I made him my captain.

I saw the news and the teams and went to edit my team. Kallis was actually my captain also. Now it's Pollock. And there were some surprises in the teams, like Morkel playing and Patel not playing. Morkel actually cleaned up some Indian batsmen in the warm-up, so I was thinking about, but didn't know who to drop from my team, so I went on with the team I have.

aussie1st said:
Well I had Kallis as captain lol, luckily I thought about FC and went to cricinfo. But cricinfo seems to have stuffed me up a bit in the fact Hall isn't opening. That was the reason I made him my captain.

I had Munaf as captain! :p

But now, I have Pollock as skip!

I have Pollock as captain. With the bat he didn't do much, so he needs to do something with the ball. AB de Villiers failed and Gibbs hit out, while I've dropped him.

viral1991 said:
I had Munaf as captain! :p

But now, I have Pollock as skip!

very brave first decision :) ( to select Munaf that too when Zaheer and Sree were in huge form ) :D

aussie1st said:
But cricinfo seems to have stuffed me up a bit in the fact Hall isn't opening. That was the reason I made him my captain.

This is a big gamble i guess.. becos Hall went for duck today!Also picking Jaffer is going to be another gamble! :)

I have also gambled with Sehwag this time.. Lets see what he does... i will accept anything except ducks :p

Well i again went with Pollock as captain but I have munaf patel too and he is not playing :mad. This time i have packed my team with Indians players. Let see how it goes.

surendar said:
I have also gambled with Sehwag this time.. Lets see what he does... i will accept anything except ducks :p

But i don't see Sehwag in your team :D.

saurabh2185 said:
But i don't see Sehwag in your team :D.

:mad: oh yes i forgot.. i guess i brought Villers while making Kallis change in last minute! i wonder why i did that as i dont want to miss Sehwag in this Test!

Also Pollock is my captain too!

EDIT : i was thinking till now that i am having Sehwag in my team! ;)

Last edited:
And I also saw that some other people have Prince too. But I need more runs from Prince, since de Villiers and Pollock failed with the bat.

surendar said:
:mad: oh yes i forgot.. i guess i brought Villers while making Kallis change in last minute! i wonder why i did that as i dont want to miss Sehwag in this Test!

Also Pollock is my captain too!

EDIT : i was thinking till now that i am having Sehwag in my team! ;)
Here go mate, V Sehwag c de Villiers b Nel 0 :laugh :rtfl :rtfl

aussie1st said:
Looks like Zexy is in good shape as he has Prince.

I have Prince too but i am missing Nel :(. As i am one player short due to Patel not playing.

Kumble has three bowled or LBW wickets and that's a problem, since I don't have him and Akira has him as captain. Sehwag's golden duck will help me a bit. I wished I could choose a bit more bowlers, since I am not that confident about the batsmen in this Test match.

saurabh2185 said:
I have Prince too but i am missing Nel :(. As i am one player short due to Patel not playing.

i missed out Prince! Villiers knock is better than Sehwag's duck! ;) But i got Sreesanth,Kumble and Nel too!

But 121 from Prince is what i miss... if i am right, we have same batting order except for Prince as i have Villiers! :)

Users who are viewing this thread