Special Balls

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Online Cricket Games Owned
Whenever I bowl a special ball on the Demo, it's marker is always red, even if I bowl it on a good line and length. Any reason for why this is?

ZoraxDoom said:
Whenever I bowl a special ball on the Demo, it's marker is always red, even if I bowl it on a good line and length. Any reason for why this is?

Happens in full game as well. Very annoying.

The marker colour has got something to do with where you pitch the ball. Try some homemade yorkers and bouncers and they wil all be red.
With spinners, you are able to get green special deliveries (have done so in the past), they just are fairly rare.

I got an grey once with a yorker. But yea, I have gotten greens with spinners.

The special balls are quality in 2 player :) You can really work a batsman over. I had a mate building a big partnership, banged one in which he miss timed and hit him and as such was on special. He was watchful for the whole over in case I slipped it in. By the time his next over came along, I carried on bowling some varied pace out-swingers, then I bowled 2 as quick as I could swinging away, and then another at yorker length. Finally I put it in position for another yorker, yet used the special ball version, he ended up playing all around it expecting the quick yorker and plumb :)

I never seem to get anyone out with pace bowler's special balls. I just do my bouncers and yorkers manually.

Yup, it's weird that special balls for pacers are always bowled at 60-65 mph pace, even though the bowling speed meter is set for max speed.

puddleduck said:
The special balls are quality in 2 player :) You can really work a batsman over. I had a mate building a big partnership, banged one in which he miss timed and hit him and as such was on special. He was watchful for the whole over in case I slipped it in. By the time his next over came along, I carried on bowling some varied pace out-swingers, then I bowled 2 as quick as I could swinging away, and then another at yorker length. Finally I put it in position for another yorker, yet used the special ball version, he ended up playing all around it expecting the quick yorker and plumb :)

Against AI, special deliveries are not of much use but it's a different story when you re playing against a human opponent. Human player will keep on guessing and waiting for the special delivery and you can forcr a human opponent to make a mistake, as mentioned by 'puddleduck'.

hondeyho said:
I never seem to get anyone out with pace bowler's special balls. I just do my bouncers and yorkers manually.

Users who are viewing this thread