Speed Issue

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Just installed Cricket 04 on my laptop and the game is playing ridiculously fast. All the logos change very quickly on the main menu and when you click on something it sometimes clicks twice straight through. Any idea how to slow it down to normal pace? There's nothing on the 'configure cricket 2004' application that affects it.

Cheers.

D

Dutch

Just installed Cricket 04 on my laptop and the game is playing ridiculously fast. All the logos change very quickly on the main menu and when you click on something it sometimes clicks twice straight through. Any idea how to slow it down to normal pace? There's nothing on the 'configure cricket 2004' application that affects it.

Cheers.

Strange. I play on the laptop without any problems...I will have a play around see if I can come up with something......

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I've not ventured into a match yet, but I'll see if that is also extremely fast.

I've got Sam's EXE working so I'll send that via PM along with my roster. You may want to PM one of the admins about the Trojan issue.

D

Dutch

I've not ventured into a match yet, but I'll see if that is also extremely fast.

I've got Sam's EXE working so I'll send that via PM along with my roster. You may want to PM one of the admins about the Trojan issue.

Yeah, I will give your exe a shot first and see what norton makes of it and then get a long to admin if it is the file rather than my Antivirus being too careful.....

blake

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Not sure this would be the ideal fix, but if you are absolutely resigned to it and can't find a solution you could always download Cheat Engine (freeware) and slow the game speed until it's normal.

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Not sure this would be the ideal fix, but if you are absolutely resigned to it and can't find a solution you could always download Cheat Engine (freeware) and slow the game speed until it's normal.

Cheers Blake. Will try that if all else fails.

kahuna22

Club Cricketer
Tried that Cheat Engine but it was way too complicated to use.

hey i had the same same problem with my cpu,its not a laptop and i dont have a laptop either but see if it helps by checking your video card settings and change the extension limit settings to on and also raise the graphics settings higher to slow it down more. hope it helps... :)

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Thanks Kahuna but I have no idea where to find my graphics card settings. Found the Intel Video thing but it isn't the same. I'm using a HP G61 laptop, any ideas where to find the card settings?

D

Dutch

Thanks Kahuna but I have no idea where to find my graphics card settings. Found the Intel Video thing but it isn't the same. I'm using a HP G61 laptop, any ideas where to find the card settings?

Shouldnt you just be able to right click on your desktop and get an option to change video settings.....

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Well actually the Intel settings thing I found is the graphics card settings. Not many options there, though, and nothing about extension limit.

This is very annoying. I desperately want to get Cricket 04 up and running.

D

Dutch

Well actually the Intel settings thing I found is the graphics card settings. Not many options there, though, and nothing about extension limit.

This is very annoying. I desperately want to get Cricket 04 up and running.

Have you tried different screen resolutions? Also, which OS are you using?

AbBh

Panel of Selectors
Does your laptop have a dual core CPU? It could be an issue. Games designed with single core CPU's in mind can run too fast/slow on dual core CPU's. If you have a dual core CPU, you could try this - Alt-Tab out of the game and start the Task Manager(CTRL+ALT+DEL). Under the Processes tab, right click the .exe file for Cricket 2004 and click on Set Affinity, uncheck CPU 1.
For sams exe, the real exe is game.exe and not Cricket_2004.exe.

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
It is dual-core yes. However, there isn't a game.exe on my processes list, just Cricket 2004_1.exe. Tried it on that and it didn't work. Any ideas why there is no game.exe on the list?

treva added 5 Minutes and 41 Seconds later...

Have you tried different screen resolutions? Also, which OS are you using?

I haven't tried different screen resolutions. Operating system is Windows 7.

Users who are viewing this thread