Spin Bowling Query

MJKEGGEN

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I had a search on the forum but can't find an answer to this.

Does anyone know if pitching the ball into the rough (footmarks etc) with a spin bowler will give him extra turn?

I am playing a test match and on Day 2 there are some foot marks, but I don't know if they will help or just there for 'show'

Thanks!

kind of

MJKEGGEN said:
I had a search on the forum but can't find an answer to this.

Does anyone know if pitching the ball into the rough (footmarks etc) with a spin bowler will give him extra turn?

I am playing a test match and on Day 2 there are some foot marks, but I don't know if they will help or just there for 'show'

Thanks!

I wondered this as well and it does turn a bit, but if you want to get your spin bowler to take loads of wickets, you should create a perfect one with 100 percent spin, make sure it can do both leg break and off break. When bowling pitch the ball just before the batsman legs or a bit shorter put loads of spin on the ball and bowl the ball quite fast, the batsman will think it will turn like mad but it dosen't so it hits the wickets over and over again, on average you can get 5 or 6 wickets with them. :D

haha sounds like a bit of a cheat ;). If anyone else knows if balls turn more out of the footmarks i'd be all ears. Have any of the patches touched on this to make it more realistic?

Im guessing that the foot marks have negligable effect on the game and are purely there to make the pitch look more realistic (and failed). i consistantly bowl in to them and have not noticed anything obvious

Thats a shame. I have both Brian Lara 2005 and EA Cricket and a nice feature of BLIC is the pitch wear and the effect on bowling - for spin it turns sharper and seam bowlers get more variable bounce.

The answer to your question is no, why do i say that because as a poster has said they are only there for effect because if you save your game half way through a match with the patches being there, when you come to open it again they may or may not be there and more that likely they wont be there.

Users who are viewing this thread