Beausejour Cricket Ground, Gros Islet, St Lucia

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
WI should start fav here.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
this is gona be a good series, i hope that the Windies can play good and win or at least draw the test series. the key will be how well they play against Murli and if anyone other than Chanders can get runs.

vaibhav mehta

Chairman of Selectors
Well Srilanka crashed by Aussis and India in CB series..WI need to prove they are back in the business..so i think it'll be good series.Due to Lack of consistent batting by WI,i think Srilanka are favorites for TEST series.For One days I think its 50-50..

westindies2007

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I really want to see Young talent.

I really want to see two batsman to get selected in the squad, Because Chanderpaul and Gayle will Not play this Tour, because they will be in India.

I want to see Perkins (T&T) and J Carter (Barbados) in this West Indies squad, they they have Talent. both of these save there side from defect in Stanford 20/20

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
what do you mean they will be in India?

and West Indies are mostly a young team. Gayle, Chanders, Sarwan are the only old players that have their spots ensured in the team.
Bravo, Ramdin, Taylor, Edwards, Sammy, Samuels are all young players all 25 and younger if I'm not mistaken.

this would be my West Indies 11 for the 2 Test series vs Sri Lanka:

Sewnarine Chattergoon
Chris Gayle
Shivnarine Chanderpual
Ramnaresh Sarwan
Marlon Samuels
Dwayne Bravo
Danesh Ramdin/ Patrick Browne
Darren Sammy
Jerome Taylor
Amit Jaggernauth/Sulieman Benn
Fidel Edwards

With Samuels being off limits as a spinner they need a full time spinner. Jaggernauth has been the best spinner in the Caribbean for the last 2 years, Benn is doing good this year and he deserves to have his name mentioned. Nikita Miller is another spinner who is doing good in the Carib Beer Series and he is the leading wicket taker at the moment.
Ramdin just made 63 and 106* for T&T against Jamaica and that should get his confidence up, Browne gets in based of his performance in the ODI series against South Africa.
Other players that i think need to be considered for a place in the team are Odean Brown and Xavier Marshall.
Darren Powell is 29 and he is not improving he was below average on the tour of South Africa and he should be exchanged for one of the spinners. With this lineup the batting goes all the way to #8, it gives them 4 pace bowlers in Taylor,Edwards, Bravo and Sammy and Gayle can be the backup spinner.

Last edited:

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
I think we should write off Samules playing any international games now.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
I think we should write off Samules playing any international games now.

I was never really a fan of his, he always looked like he lacked effort and commitment. He did good against South Africa but he is in too much trouble now, the bowling issue and the match fixing issue in India he is more of a distraction to the team.

If he is not able to play or not allowed i would really like Xavier Marshall to replace him in the team.
And the West Indies have retained Chris Gayle as captain for this series.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Sri Lanka start as the favorites for the Tests.
The ODI's maybe a bit different.

Regd the Windies captain-exactly what i feared-its gone the SL way.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
If Murli fails SL will fail. Also Vaas likes to trap WI batsman LBW but maybe hes old now.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
If Murli fails SL will fail. Also Vaas likes to trap WI batsman LBW but maybe hes old now.

I think this might just be Vaas's last tour.
The Test are more likely to go the Lankan way because of that man-Murali.He will be hungry as he did not get any wickets in Aus.Also,there wint be Brian Lara for the Widnies.
Sewanarine Chattergoon looks like a good Test prospect,hope he is selected.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
i just think that Gayle brings some aggression and intensity to the team. Sarwan looks like a Dravid sort of captain no emotion or anything but he was the captain in waiting after Lara left, maybe they think that he just doesn't have what it takes to lead the team.

vaibhav mehta

Chairman of Selectors
I'd rather go in for Sarwan.I feel that Sarwan would do a better job than Gayle.

I don't think Sarwan is good choice because Sarwan always sound defensive and Confuse Captain..Rather in comparison Gayle has tendency to stay cool in critical situations..

Users who are viewing this thread