Sri Lanka Tour of South Africa (Nov 16 - Feb 17)

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Thought Faf wasn't playing but I'm pleasantly surprised to see his is. Cook and Elgar batting well until Cook got a beaut. Think we'll win this series comfortably as Sri Lanka have a relatively weak bowling line up. Don't know why batsmen play at balls half a meter outside off stump especially when it's their first couple like what Amla did.

dp458

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Question, everyone seems to be in decent touch for SA, who drops out when AB is fit again?

Markkkkk

Profile Flag
South Africa
Very disappointing batting by SL. They are throwing their bats at everything. They need to leave more and stop running to off stump or this will be a very short test. Pleased with the batting performance especially Duminy but the problem is can he do it consistently or will be go back to low scores for a while. Abbott is love, Abbott is life. Can't believe he's been kept out the side for so long...

Markkkkk

Profile Flag
South Africa
So Elgar is the best opener in the world?

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I thought SL might put up a good fight considering they batted ok in the last Test. Great bowling by the South Africans. Abbott, Philander and Rabada are the best trio of fast bowlers in the world at the moment.

Markkkkk

Profile Flag
South Africa
I think people are being harsh on Sri Lanka. South Africa is a very difficult place to tour and the majority of the SL side are playing their first matches in SA. Kaushal Silva looks liek a competent opener, Kusal Perera can be explosive once he gets his head right. Mendis and Dhanananananjaya are very promising batsmen who will become very good once they get some more experience. Mathews and Chandimal are 2 very good batsmen (although they haven't performed). Kumara and Chameera will be a very deadly combo once Chameera gets his pace back up and Lakmal showed promise when the pitch assisted him, he could be deadly in the right conditions. Herath is insane in general. Sri Lanka also have a couple of people missing out so I don't think it's all doom and gloom.

I think for the next test we should go like this (assuming Abbott misses out because of the Kolpak deal, which I support him 100%):

The better Cook
Elgar
Amla
Faf
de Bruyn
de Kock
Maharaj
Philander
Morkel/Viljoen/De Lange
Rabada
Olivier/de Lange/Paterson

I think Maharaj and Philander are good enough to make enough runs to cover the number 7 position (not that we're short of runs to start). de Bruyn deserves a chance and this is the perfect time to do it. Bavuma or JP can come in for a bowler but I think it's time to start looking at other options (maybe not Bavuma but he needs to get back into form and the Lions look like they could use a batsman). JP should have been dropped years ago, as talented as he is he's become our Ian Bell and if it doesn't change I'll turn into @blockerdave and we all know how joyful it was listening to those rants. I'd love for Olivier to get a run as he looks very good and we need to start showing Viljoen, de Lange and co. that they can make the side if they perform. Paterson is my life so I'll always put him up there, he's the closest thing we have to Steyn (in terms of action and style not ability).

ParkedTheBus

International Coach
Profile Flag
Australia
Sri Lanka are seriously rivaling West Indies for the 'most irrelevant team' tag. There's not one guy in the team who would make you tune in and watch the game for him.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Sri Lanka are seriously rivaling West Indies for the 'most irrelevant team' tag. There's not one guy in the team who would make you tune in and watch the game for him.
Mendis and de Silva are worth looking out for. Although i agree that they slip under the radar quite often.

Users who are viewing this thread