Wed Jan 8 - Sun Jan 12
06:00 GMT | 10:00 local
01:00 EST 2nd Test - Pakistan v Sri Lanka
Dubai International Cricket Stadium

Thu Jan 16 - Mon Jan 20
06:00 GMT | 10:00 local
01:00 EST 3rd Test - Pakistan v Sri Lanka
Sharjah Cricket Stadium

Not jumping on the bandwagon, but judging by the responses by PAK fan on cricinfo and this youtube video of Usman Khan, it seems like Pakistan could have possibly found ANOTHER quick bowling gem:

Pakistan v Sri Lanka 2013-14 : Usman Khan added to Pakistan T20 squad | Cricket News | Pakistan v Sri Lanka | ESPN Cricinfo

Last edited by a moderator:

Excommunicado

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Pakistan
No discussion :(

Unlucky Pakistan though the ODI's is going to be SOME hell of a series, hopefully it'll be tight and Pakistan win. Sharjeel Khan added to the ODI's and it's a good-bye to Shinwari :wave

Slowcoach

Panel of Selectors
Good to see Sharjeel and Maqsood scoring some runs, the ODI team has been lacking depth for a while now.
Missing an in form Nasir Jamshed though, he looked great when he was on his hot streak last year, but seems to have temporarily lost his marbles.

Addy

National Board President
Sharjeel and Maqsood are very good addition to this dull batting lineup, now it will take pressure off from Misbah and UAkmal. But the worrying sign is our bowlers have forgotten how to bowl in death overs, hopefully with Gul's inclusion, they will do a better job. Tanvir needs to be kicked out, and hand over the new ball to junaid! All in all it's been one of the epic LOIs series tour between these two teams. Game is on here!

War

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I think its time Ahmed Shezad plays test cricket.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Sohaib Maqsood is a real find for them though, looks like a proper batsman.

War

Chairman of Selectors
^^

Ye they might as well give Shezad a test run now - as everyone knows they have not found a steady test opening pair since Anwar/Sohail in the late 90s. Don't think some of the other guys i've seen opening in tests for them has his natural ability.

And ye Maqsood looks good for sure.

Slowcoach

Panel of Selectors
For once I agree with War, I think Shehzad looks good enough for tests, his batting during the series in South Africa shows he can score runs in most conditions, and he paces his innings well.
I do however think Pakistan need a 5th bowler, and until we find an allrounder we need to put up with Hafeez.
The two openers tried in the recent Tests v South Africa did ok, but any pakistani opener could do as well on those flat tracks.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Hafeez suddenly scoring runs again, now that he doesn't have to face Steyn :lol

Slowcoach

Panel of Selectors
I don't agree with Fergy on Thirimanne and Chandimal being pushed up the order ahead of Sangakkara.
It's about winning matches, not boosting the averages of struggling up and coming cricketers with no hitting power.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
I don't agree with Fergy on Thirimanne and Chandimal being pushed up the order ahead of Sangakkara.
It's about winning matches, not boosting the averages of struggling up and coming cricketers with no hitting power.

Chandimal is a good talented batsman and they have to push him at one down. He needs to get as much experience as he can when these senior players are around him because once they retire it will be way too much responsibility on the younger players. Chandimal has no power but he can graft his inning and play an anchor role. Kusal Parera is also a good player and even though he hasn't performed as well so far, he needs to stay there as an opener because he has enough talent to be successful. Their top 5 for WC 2015 should look like this:

Dilshan
Kusal Parera
Chandimal
Sangakara
Mahela

Thiramane is just not good enough. I don't know anything about new Sri Lanakan players but there has to be someone in domestic who can bat better than him.

Users who are viewing this thread