Sri Lanka's tour of India - November 2014

lion100lion

International Coach
logo2.jpg
Sri Lanka Cricket (SLC) chief Nishantha Ranatunga confirmed that Sri Lanka have 'in principle' accepted Indias invitation to play five ODIs (Nov 1-15) after West Indies decided to pull out of the ongoing tour of India.

SLC have been quoted as saying that BCCI (Board of Control of Cricket in India) wanted them to play T20Is as well but Sri Lanka have agreed to play ODIs keeping in mind the upcoming World Cup.

"The BCCI wishes to thank SLC for its swift response and for extending its support to ensure that the international cricket season is not curtailed," said an official press release from BCCI.

The final itinerary is yet to be confirmed but the decision was taken by SLC after consultation with the coaching staff and selectors.

Schedule and Venues to be announced soon..

Yuvi.

International Coach
Profile Flag
India
Would have loved some test match action more than ODIs!
Just Imagine Herath vs Indian Batsmen on spin friendly pitches!
Epic , it would have been!

lion100lion

International Coach
Should Ashish Nehra be considered for the Sri Lankan series ? (and of course the World Cup)
I feel yes after i saw his death bowling performance. Read this and your suggestion:-
Dhoni may turn to Nehra to address death bowling woes

(If he is selected, he will be the first cricketer ever in the history to play only in the World Cups (2003, 2011, 2015) and be out of the team rest of the time.)

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
@lion100lion Please can you not edit the thread title as it looks really tacky. Just keep it as 'Sri Lanka's tour of India - November 2014'. Thanks

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
What has Nehra done ? Bowled well in a couple of CLT20 games ? Any smart person would know that, that's about how long Nehra's 'good form' lasts. He is done for the year

Champagnepapi

ICC Board Member
Kings XI
Profile Flag
Canada
I think he deserves some credits for making the batsman think alot, that ball bowled to Maxwell was oerfect, he just needs to mainten himself, if he gets a wicket early on, he'll remain comfident, but if gets hits for runs, may be the biggest pain for the Indian team.

PokerAce

Banned
Australia vs India 2014 - Chance for Virender Sehwag to make India recall: reports | gocricket.com

^ Surely Surely Surely Not ! :spy

Look the Sehwag fan in me is delighted, and excited if it were to go through, but the rational side of me says surely not!

Here is the interesting bit -

during the recent selection committee meeting for the North Zone team, which will play in the Duleep Trophy from October 22, the selectors opted for Sehwag instead of other consistent performers from the zone because they felt he was in with a chance to earn a berth for the Australian tour.

This is why young performers like Manan Vohra and Unmukt Chand missed out on being in the Duleep Trophy squad.

lion100lion

International Coach
What has Nehra done ? Bowled well in a couple of CLT20 games ? Any smart person would know that, that's about how long Nehra's 'good form' lasts. He is done for the year
BUt why can't he be in the Indian team. We don't have the likes of Steyn and Jhonson and not even a Mallinga for the death bowling.

PokerAce

Banned
BUt why can't he be in the Indian team. We don't have the likes of Steyn and Jhonson and not even a Mallinga for the death bowling.

His fitness mostly. He looks a skeleton to begin with, and its highly doubtful he could bowl 10 overs a match. Even if he were the greatest end over bowler in the world, to have him in the side only to bowl 4 overs at the end is a serious luxury no side can afford.

PokerAce

Banned
Sri Lanka in India 2014-15 : Dhoni opts out of first three Sri Lanka ODIs | Cricket News | India v Sri Lanka | ESPN Cricinfo

MSD has been rested for the first three matches against SL. W Saha has been asked to keep wickets. I guess this also confirms in a way that Saha is set to be the second keeper in the WC squad. Ashwin returns, and Mishra and Axar Patel have been retained. Its Kuldeep Yadav who has made way. While dropping a promising spinner, without even playing him, makes little sense right now, but perhaps Yadav will be recalled for the final two ODIs.

In the most sensible move, which I thought BCCI was incapable of (:D), they have rested Bhuvi, and brought in Varun Aaron. Its a great move. Everyone has wanted Bhuvi to get a break, and Varun Aaron needs to be tried out, as he can offer raw pace to pace line up, which so far has looked a bit thin for the WC to be honest.

Mohit is still out, probably for injury.

Users who are viewing this thread