Sri Lanka's tour of India - November 2014

PokerAce

Banned
I was away from the comp but watching the final part of the innings, and what a knock !! Hats off Rohit. Well Done for the greatest ODI innings anyone will ever play.

VVS Laxman batted nearly 2 days to be 281* and Rohit did it in less than 50 overs !!

PokerAce

Banned
Fk what an innings Rohit. Batting conditions and mediocre bowling notwithstanding it was a special knock. Even if you gave Rohit (or frankly anyone else) the same conditions and the same attack and a million goes at it, I doubt they would touch 264 again. A knock that is not going to be forgotten and a record that is not going to be broken !

Well Done

grkrama

National Board President
VVS Laxman batted nearly 2 days to be 281*

except it was against in form mcgrath warne gillespie nd kasprowiz..in trying conditions in a test after follow on:p

nothing to take away from rohit was a delight to watch as usual when he bats long enough, especially his accelerating potential seems to be way higher than anybody, for team sake i hope he is consistent this time around.

PokerAce

Banned
except it was against in form mcgrath warne gillespie nd kasprowiz..in trying conditions in a test after follow on:p

nothing to take away from rohit was a delight to watch as usual when he bats long enough, especially his accelerating potential seems to be way higher than anybody, for team sake i hope he is consistent this time around.

The point wasn't that Laxman's innings is belittled in anyway. It remains probably the greatest test knock I have ever seen, given the attack and the situation it was played in.

However the point was that Rohit got to within 17 runs of that in 50 overs. Its just a mental innings.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
All hail captain Kohli. We had to see the helicopter shot when we are in Ranchi. I think Sri Lanka are whitewashed for the first time in a bilateral series. Good to see Virat with a big hundred at the end of the series. A big positive from today's game was Kedar Jadhav. He played a bad shot to get out but his approach was absolutely brilliant especially the situation he came in. If he can improve his keeping skills, I would love to see him as a wicket keeper in the shorter format after Dhoni retires.

PokerAce

Banned
It being a meaningless match, I naturally was not interested, but great to hear of great showing from the team. I saw a bit of the SL batting and our new spinner Karn S. was brilliant. Getting the ball to turn square.

While I have to say I was disappointed with SL and the lack of fight they showed, but all said and done they had said it upfront that they were not ready. I thought it was mind games, but its obvious that they were unprepared. England series will give us all a better insight into their preparations. I would still say SL are among the frontrunners for the WC, and once they are ready they will give most sides a run for their money.

Aravind.

ICC Board Member
India
Mumbai Indians
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Lol Srilankan team in odi's is crap these days.

Users who are viewing this thread