Sri Lanka's tour of Pakistan 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not 6 wickets down, but pretty sure one of the major teams have been 5 down for not much pretty early.
Still can't believe how badly Pakistan have collapsed on the same pitch SL made 310.

Useless performance by Pakistan's middle and top order. Thier turning into New Zealand, relying on their lower order.

just checked cricinfo, looks like Pakis just gave up, they didnt even want to go for it or try..

They're saying one of the reason it's because of the lights by which the ball swang heavily, but I don't believe that.

Anyway, good thing for Sri Lanka is that they've found an opener in Dilshan. Tharanga can go back and work on his batting in domestic cricket. Also promoting Dilshan to the top order, leaves a spot in the middle order, which Sri Lanka can fill in by a bowler.

And in the last match Shoaib Akhtar didn't play, I see.

why Shoaib Akhtar in the team. when he bowls it looks like he just cant wait till he goes him. doesnt wana be there or something

They're saying one of the reason it's because of the lights by which the ball swang heavily, but I don't believe that.

Anyway, good thing for Sri Lanka is that they've found an opener in Dilshan. Tharanga can go back and work on his batting in domestic cricket. Also promoting Dilshan to the top order, leaves a spot in the middle order, which Sri Lanka can fill in by a bowler.

And in the last match Shoaib Akhtar didn't play, I see.
i doubt dilshan is their solution
watch how all of lankas big players flop vs india
the pakistani bowling is so rubbish nowadays and especially with the captain being so defensive.

Ok first Mac.... my friend, I say this with respect, please take your time to type mate, sometimes it is impossible to understand what you are saying or trying to say, this is in no way, an intent to offend you, just that we all will respond to your post and any other if we understand what is being said.

Yes I agree that Sri Lanka did it to Pakistan in the worst way, one would expect such a thrashing to Kenya, Zimbabwe, and maybe even Bangladesh but not Pakistan. There might be the odd claim that they have not played competitive cricket for a while, that say, we all know that the Pakistan team can beat any side on their day, I am just wondering if Malik's outburst against Akhtar had any to do with the kind of performance the senior team members put in on that day, it is no secret that some senior members have in the past hinted at the manner in which they get along.

That said, it was the beating that no team wants so early in the year and worst at home, Sri Lanka played well, more than any Dilshan, it seems he gets runs, lots of them no matter where he bats, and the "old man" still have it in him, sadly their captain is out in the cold.

Interestingly, the PCB wants answers, and they are seeking them from Malik and the team management. Cricinfo - PCB demands report on Sri Lanka defeat

You might have a point for the performance. In the past, I remember a similar incident there some fight backstage in the dressing room, where Pakistan came out to bat and suddenly collapsed. I believe it was during a Test match against West Indies.

Somehow I've got a feeling the outburst against Akhtar effected the team. And seeing now Younis Khan has been appointed, it indeed had some effect in the team.

Younis appointed Pakistan captain
Cricinfo - Younis appointed Pakistan captain

Somehow I've got a feeling the outburst against Akhtar effected the team. And seeing now Younis Khan has been appointed, it indeed had some effect in the team.

Younis appointed Pakistan captain
Cricinfo - Younis appointed Pakistan captain

There is no doubt in my mind it did, life is simple, if the majority even players retired seems to see and find weaknesses with him then there is a problem. The truth is Younis himself is part of the problem, because he has been refusing the captaincy for some time now, the time he lead, they did well, he is a superb player, I do wish him well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread