Star Wars The Old Republic

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
star_wars_the_old_republic.jpg

So finally its out. Anyone here got it yet? I've purchased it already and waiting for the download to finish. Should finish in next 4 hours.

Biggy

Panel of Selectors
I bought it but only cause both my room mates are massive Star Wars fans and they got it. I've never even watched Star Wars before haha. I think my estimated shipping arrival is the 3rd of Jan.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
I really want to play the story side of it, as I loved KOTOR 1 & 2, but I'm not paying mmo prices to do so!

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I've always tried to search for an old school Star Wars game I played on the PC probably around 10 years ago. Could never find which one it was. You played as a storm trooper at some point I seem to remember. It was quality.

Might have to venture into another Star Wars game somewhere down the line.

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
Played straight for 8 hours today. I'm hooked. Voice acting graphics, gameplay , animations , story etc, everything is brilliant. Even if you are not a Star war fans you would love it. If you play as storm trooper, it would feel more like a mass effect mmo. Graphics are mass effectish and some voice actors are from mass effect too.
It looks like they took what worked for mass effect and kotor and mashed them up in a beautiful game engine. Result is staggering.
@Biggy, why would you buy a physical copy which would take so long to reach? Just download the gameclient and buy a key online. Then just create a account on swotr site and redeem that key. This is the fastest way. Its a 18 gb download but on a decent connection its just matter of couple of hours.

----------

WOW is in serious trouble. SWTOR snatched a million customers within a week. Its about time someone rises and give boot to WOW.
My bro was addicted to WOW for last 4 years and he hasn't played it since SWTOR stepped in. :p

Biggy

Panel of Selectors
Played straight for 8 hours today. I'm hooked. Voice acting graphics, gameplay , animations , story etc, everything is brilliant. Even if you are not a Star war fans you would love it. If you play as storm trooper, it would feel more like a mass effect mmo. Graphics are mass effectish and some voice actors are from mass effect too.
It looks like they took what worked for mass effect and kotor and mashed them up in a beautiful game engine. Result is staggering.
@Biggy, why would you buy a physical copy which would take so long to reach? Just download the gameclient and buy a key online. Then just create a account on swotr site and redeem that key. This is the fastest way. Its a 18 gb download but on a decent connection its just matter of couple of hours.

----------

WOW is in serious trouble. SWTOR snatched a million customers within a week. Its about time someone rises and give boot to WOW.
My bro was addicted to WOW for last 4 years and he hasn't played it since SWTOR stepped in. :p

I prefer having the physical disc, saves downloading anytime there's an issue and just a personal preference. Just a game too, don't mind waiting a few days, wasn't really waiting anxiously to play it anyway.

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I bought it but only cause both my room mates are massive Star Wars fans and they got it. I've never even watched Star Wars before haha. I think my estimated shipping arrival is the 3rd of Jan.

Same Same. I have never watched Star wars and my friends can't believe it. LOL

Biggy

Panel of Selectors
Same Same. I have never watched Star wars and my friends can't believe it. LOL

Yeah, just about all my friends are obsessed with it, I tried to sit through one and lost interest and walked off haha.

Kaos110

Club Cricketer
I've always tried to search for an old school Star Wars game I played on the PC probably around 10 years ago. Could never find which one it was. You played as a storm trooper at some point I seem to remember. It was quality.

Might have to venture into another Star Wars game somewhere down the line.[/QUOTE

rebell assault maybe?. part 2 i guess

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Its a 18 gb download but on a decent connection its just matter of couple of hours.

Exactly why I wouldn't download it. It would take me about 100 hours to download that as my speed is only about 50kb/s.

And how could you have not watched Star Wars. Great movies. Haven't really played any of the games apart from Star Wars Lego :P

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
Exactly why I wouldn't download it. It would take me about 100 hours to download that as my speed is only about 50kb/s.

And how could you have not watched Star Wars. Great movies. Haven't really played any of the games apart from Star Wars Lego :P

When did i said i haven't watched any Star Wars Movie? :spy
So are you getting this game?

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Wasn't talking to you anyway, or anyone in particular :p

And probably not, don't think my graphics card could take it and not fond of playing games on my laptop.

Users who are viewing this thread