Strokeplay

iZeeshan

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I just started playing AC09 and frankly, I'm having a lot of trouble with various strokes.

I remember in C07 and other games before that, you could play cover drives, midwicket swipes using a combination of the "shot direction" buttons as in left arrow + down arrow would yield a cover drive.

Does this make any sense to anyone?

Basically, is AC09 the same? Because I'm having a lot of trouble producing different strokes. If I want to play to the leg side, it usually just plays the ball straight.

Maybe I am doing something wrong?

Ah I can't be bothered to spend any more money for this

So it's really the game that's causing the stroke problem? It gets very boring to play the same straight drive slog for six every time

There must be some way to play hook, sweeps, cuts?

On the fielding radar, there is a dark segment. That is your aiming cone. Aim it to get the shot you want, for example if you want a hook shot, choose backfoot and aim the segment behind square. Want a cover drive? Aim it through the covers and so on. The game works at its best with an Xbox 360 pad and it's worth getting one as lots of games work better with a gamepad these days.

All sports games and fighting games generally play better with a game pad, I play all my games on pc but for some games you do need a game pad. I have an xbox 360 pad for my cricket and football games. Its really worth it to get one.

All sports games and fighting games generally play better with a game pad, I play all my games on pc but for some games you do need a game pad. I have an xbox 360 pad for my cricket and football games. Its really worth it to get one.

In my opinion, the only games that are any good with the keyboard/mouse are FPS/RTS games (and GTA/GTA clones). Everything else works better with a gamepad.

yea rts is pointless on a console... it just doesnt make sense to me. same with games like oblivion... just works so much better with a mouse to aim etc... but sports games you pretty much need a controller for it to feel good

I play Ashes Cricket 2009 on my media centre PC, with an Xbox 360 controller hooked up to it. Perfect.

Apart from the performance issues with crowd enabled and delay-plagued online. :)

anyone tried the reverse sweep? i am playing on the PS3 and dunno how to play that shot.any ideas?

Well I've been successfully playing the cover drive and the hook shot so I'm enjoying this game a lot more.

I guess I just had to get used to the controls and use the right combination.

Users who are viewing this thread