Suggestions for next Bas Cricket game

Hardball

School Cricketer
I think from the gameplay perspective Bas has pretty much nailed the basics, the only thing that can be added are more attributes for players along with shot animations selection based on these attributes, say for eg if a batter is not good at sweeping a poor shot animation version of sweep shot should trigger, this way specially in career mode it will be great to see players weaknesses just by watching them play,
More perks shall be added along with the mandatory weakness perk per player. Perks like new ball bowler, late outswinger, early reverse swinger, technician (good against new ball) Mr.Consistent etc should be added. Few eg of weakness perk includes concentration loser, early vulnerable, poor against outswing/legspin etc
Career mode player development need substantial improvement just like nba 2k

Speed of the game is unrealistic in Cricket 19, every players looks in a rush. Reduce the speed of the game/movements of players. Fielder throws the ball to the keeper like a bullet.

Give the game a real cricket feel. Cricket 19 doesn't give any real cricket feel, it's like playing on iPad made by some rookie developer.

Appeal sounds are really bad, there is no echo, plz make it like Ashes Cricket which is very good. When ball touches the bat it doesn't sound like real cricket sound. In Ashes Cricket BAS nailed it.

When batter misses the ball and when it goes to keeper, it feels like a frame is missing.

Hire better environmentalist, in this game matches looks like being played for some charity. Don't like that much color on players, in ground, stadium etc...Please give the game more of a Test & One Day environment not T20, PSL, IPL etc...

Less cut scenes, the toss animation is really a dud. Once the coin drops players looks at each other like their mother died. Don't need such a long coin toss or at least allow it to skip.

I play Ashes Cricket so many hours a day but I don't feel like playing Cricket 19 even for a minute because of these cartoonish & unrealistic features. So please make it more close to real cricket environment.

Last edited:

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Speed of the game is unrealistic in Cricket 19, every players looks in a rush. Reduce the speed of the game/movements of players. Fielder throws the ball to the keeper like a bullet.

Give the game a real cricket feel. Cricket 19 doesn't give any real cricket feel, it's like playing on iPad made by some rookie developer.

Appeal sounds are really bad, there is no echo, plz make it like Ashes Cricket which is very good. When ball touches the bat it doesn't sound like real cricket sound. In Ashes Cricket BAS nailed it.

When batter misses the ball and when it goes to keeper, it feels like a frame is missing.

Hire better environmentalist, in this game matches looks like being played for some charity. Don't like that much color on players, in ground, stadium etc...Please give the game more of a Test & One Day environment not T20, PSL, IPL etc...

Less cut scenes, the toss animation is really a dud. Once the coin drops players looks at each other like their mother died. Don't need such a long coin toss or at least allow it to skip.

I play Ashes Cricket so many hours a day but I don't feel like playing Cricket 19 even for a minute because of these cartoonish & unrealistic features. So please make it more close to real cricket environment.
Wow sounds like you have written a few cricket games then?

Hardball

School Cricketer
Wow sounds like you have written a few cricket games then?

No honestly I found these problems in Cricket 19 and they can be fixed in their new iteration. I really want a mature cricket game, close to real world test & one day game.

Etto

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
BigAnt just posted a tweet about a teaser coming out tomorrow, Looks like a cartoony/arcade game again this year. Hopefully not the case

Attachments

• NEW BA GAME.PNG
    NEW BA GAME.PNG
    161.2 KB · Views: 12

TomW777

Club Captain
BigAnt just posted a tweet about a teaser coming out tomorrow, Looks like a cartoony/arcade game again this year. Hopefully not the case
Looks suspiciously like Big Bash Boom 2 is about to be announced. Wouldn't be surprised if its release coincided with T20 WC in Oct/Nov.

Etto

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
This duck is not giving me a good vibe

Looks suspiciously like Big Bash Boom 2 is about to be announced. Wouldn't be surprised if its release coincided with T20 WC in Oct/Nov.
Could also just be a double bluff? Potentially wanting us to think about another Big Bash Boom game but its not ahha, idk i hope its a new sim game not an arcade

TomW777

Club Captain
Could also just be a double bluff? Potentially wanting us to think about another Big Bash Boom game but its not ahha, idk i hope its a new sim game not an arcade
Hope your right. Only other thing I thought was possible was that either the Big Bash is licensed in Cricket 21 or perhaps the arcade style of the Big Bash Boom is just one 'mode' integrated within Cricket 21. I would still be quite surprised if Cricket 21 isn't released as Big Ant have previously always released a game to coincide with the Ashes. Who knows now that they owned by Nacon though?

Etto

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
Hope your right. Only other thing I thought was possible was that either the Big Bash is licensed in Cricket 21 or perhaps the arcade style of the Big Bash Boom is just one 'mode' integrated within Cricket 21. I would still be quite surprised if Cricket 21 isn't released as Big Ant have previously always released a game to coincide with the Ashes. Who knows now that they owned by Nacon though?
I dont think Nacon have anything to do with this

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
Duck means cricket ,nothing to do with Arcade or Sim game, even real cricket games on TV used to have cartoon ducks.

TomW777

Club Captain
Duck means cricket ,nothing to do with Arcade or Sim game, even real cricket games on TV used to have cartoon ducks.
The duck was a central part of the advertising Big Bash Boom so don't think you can be dismiss it quite so easily.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
It would be cool, if possible, to also allow all the licenced player's hairstyles be available in the player creator. Would just add way more variety than the ones we have now.

Users who are viewing this thread