Supersoakers 07/08

Status
Not open for further replies.

w3lshrugby

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Welcome to our new season thread guys, and what a season it promises to be with all teams looking healthy and active at the moment. Congratulations to all our draftees for being drafted into a fine franchise in the PC Cricsim competition.
You may or may not be aware that two seasons ago, in Season Two, we reached both the OD and FC finals, picking up the OD silverware, a competition that we had been dominant in for the whole season. Last season however, we lost our cutting edge, and, to a degree, our posting activity. We still managed to sneak in to the FC final but were thoroughly hammered by the FC experts, the Bitters.
This season, our aim is to replicate the form of Season Two in what is looking like the best, most hard fought season of PlanetCricket's CricSim Competition to date.
If I'm honest with you, I can't wait.
Welcome back/on board - the Supersoakers are ready to Soak!:hpraise

Rhys (w3lshrugby)
Team Manager/Captain

If you need any other information, do not hesitate to contact me, Hooper (vice-captain) or Sohum (ex-manager).
Also, don't forget to visit our fantastic site (the only franchise with a site :p) at: http://supersoakers.moonfruit.com

SUPERSOAKERS SQUAD 07/08:

PaulNixon1 (WKB) - Team GB
Nik (BAT) -
Sohum (BAT) - Team Ind/Pak
Suren (BAT) - Team Ind/Pak
Hooper (BAT) (Vice Cpt) - Team Aus
Vitners (BAT) - Team ROW
Maney2k7 (BAT) - Team GB
nightprowler10 (AR) - Team Ind/Pak
w3lshrugby (LS) - Team GB VC
wolf (LS) - Team GB
Pak_cricketer (RF) - Team Ind/Pak
Usy (RF)
Sammeister (RFM)

SUPERSOAKERS - WE BE VENGEFUL!!!, again...

Last edited:
C'mon boys! Lets have a good season aye! With some quality new signings and my Cricketing expertise, followed by my knowledge (which I will be using - Rhys's ear will be burning on the pitch) - I think we can be dominant again. So FC is our strong point eh?! Lets go all the way this time and knock off them evil Bitters.

Yeah, we need a Fast Medium bowler. Maybe we should change Virender or if someone opts to change themselves to a Fast Medium or Medium Fast bowler. Cause we seriously have too many batsman and not enough pace in our team.

What sort of bowlers are nightprowler10 and Sammeister?

SUPERSOAKERS - WE BE VENGEFUL!!!, again...

Definitely! :)

Pak_cricketer said:

He(nightprowler10) is our pace bowler. We got only two spinners from the prev squad, Wolfy and Rhys. Good luck to all once again this fresh season. :cheers

Looking forward to my new role as the batsman :)

Yeah, we need a Fast Medium bowler. Maybe we should change Virender or if someone opts to change themselves to a Fast Medium or Medium Fast bowler. Cause we seriously have too many batsman and not enough pace in our team.

Not really, we only have 6 batsman. Some allrounders and a few bowlers.

Actually, your right. We need to maybe change a few to bowlers.

I changed Virender Sehwag to a full on fast bowler so that means we have 2 pure pacers. nightprowler is also a pacer, but we should aim to change one more AR into a pacer, agreed?

Yeah I agree.

Oh, and Rhys, when does the season start?

Since 13 members are there, two of either Vitners or Maney2k7 or Sammeister might be left out is what I feel. They have not turned up their heads till now for the club too :p I don't think Virender Sehwag will be missing the games since we badly need the fast bowler. ;)

Rhys, did any of those 4 responded to the PM? We have to push them into this club to be active :)

Could we go with only 3 bowlers plus NP?

And it is Vintners not Vitners!

EDIT: The above suggestion would only be for FC. Obviously we need 5 bowlers in OD.

Last edited:
Oh nice website! Looks snazzy. Just needs some updatin'.

Thanks, I'll update when I've got time...

I have not yet received any replies to my PM's from the four 'uncertain' guys, however, I checked their profiles:

Sammeister - last online on 24th Oct (probs on hols, so will get the PM)
vintners - last online yesterday
Virender Sehwag - last online yesterday
Maney2k7 - last online 26th Oct - plus I have him on MSN

When these guys, who are on quite regularly, come on, they will get my PM and come to the thread (hopefully).

See, nothing to worry about ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread