Story Surrey County Championship Season

Originally posted by Rahul@May 1 2004, 06:29 PM
...good job colin!! but in 43 overs....what were u playing...its supposed to be a test match!!
That's slow for me, I just get bored and frustrated scoring any slower...

Attachments

• sonu.jpg
    sonu.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 9
End of day 2
Surrey win by an innings and 164 runs
MOM: Alex Tudor

Surrey again managed to dismiss Leicestershire cheaply in their second innings. Despite not getting the same explosive start as in the first innings wickets still fell regularly with Brad Hodge the only one standing out among the batsmen
Snape edging to slip:

easycatch.jpg

Dagnall mis-cutting to the keeper:

miscut.jpg

Batting card

day2batting.jpg

Bowling

day2bowling.jpg

Alex Tudor took 6 wickets to give him 11 for the match. His second innings figures were somewhat distorted by an over near the end where he took the edge 6 times in 6 balls! 4 of the edges went to the boundary and the other 2 were caught.

Overall an easy win for Surrey placing them 3rd in the County Championship

ccpos1game.jpg

Totesport League
Warwickshire vs Surrey

Firstly here's the pitchad and stumps I made (stumps didn't really work due to the position of the stump-ad)

toteleague.jpg

Warwickshire won the toss and put Surrey into bat on a normal pitch

Surrey made steady progress scoring at about 6 runs an over. The main partnership for the innings came between Graham Thorpe and Mark Ramprakash; who was to reach his 100.

warwickshireodramps100.jpg

There were numerous lbw decisions in the innings including this one on Rikki Clarke that pitched outside leg, hit outside leg and might even have been going over the top...

warwickshireodharshlbw.jpg

Surrey however posted a good 302 off their 45 overs

warwickshireodscorecard.jpg

Ramps and Thorpe spiders

warwickshireodrampsspider.jpg

warwickshireodthorpespider.jpg

Batting stats

warwickshireodbatcard.jpg

Bowling stats

warwickshireodbowlcard.jpg

It will be a tough chase for Warwickshire on this pitch but they will no doubt feel confident bearing in mind my inability to bowl properly on pitches that aren't green...

Fantastic score m8!

one question....why 45 overs? bowled out??

damn good colin...i'm still quite bad at batting...cant score very quickly

Originally posted by m_vaughan@May 4 2004, 06:05 PM
the length of a totesport league match is 45 overs
thats shows how little i know about county cricket. :huh:

hey colin can u post up the tote sport stumps and pitchad???

I can post the pitchad but the stumps haven't really worked. I might just post the stumps in the right colours but without trying to get totesport written on them.

After today's performance against Ireland, I think it'll be long time before you play another match with Surrey... ;)

lol....out in the 2nd round of the c and g rite??? what's wrong with surrey....they have the best players....since stewart went they're not the same.....first what a guy to have as captain...have so many better players....y make batty the captain

cuz batty has a lot a passion and is very aggressive....two very important qualities of a captain!
the problem is....he seems to try a bit too much!

Whatever the problem is, Colin seems to have it cracked. Maybe he drop by The Oval next week and help them out.

Users who are viewing this thread