T20 WC Final: Pakistan v Sri Lanka

irottev

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Both of you were having a go at him, but it's not a big deal, lets just move on.

Retiring from T20 cricket? Has anyone actually done that before? Like without retiring from ODIs or everything?

irottev

School Cricketer
I wonder if Jayasuriya (from all forms I guess) would have retired if SL had won. You kinda think he's on the way down now. Murili to a smaller extent too.

King Cricket

International Coach
Woha! I'm keeping myself out of this fiasco. :p

Anyway, well played Pakistan! YK's boys did a great job out there. They really deserved to win the final. The Sri Lankans were simply outclassed by them in all the three departments- batting, bowling and fielding. They played as a team, and won as a team. Fantastic win! There couldn't have been a better gift to their fans back at home. Really, hats off to Younis Khan and co. :clap

And another cricketer's name I must mention here- he's Shahid Afridi. The way he played yesterday..awesome! This guy is immensely talented, there can be no doubts, but the main problem with him is that he seldom does justice to his talents. Goes out there, whacks a few, then plays an extremely idiotic shot..and soosh..back to pavillion- this became quite his daily routine. A sort of "don't care" attitude. But hopefully, it seemed so in this WC (specially in yesterday's final) that he has changed his style of play. A matured and sensible Shahid Afridi. Yet, his boom-boom attitude is still intact. Good news for Pakistani cricket.

Last edited:

Chetan0304

Chairman of Selectors
Let me Congratulate the whole of Pak team, they were mentally a bit disturb the attack, many series called up, conference comments, no hosting rights, it was really in bad shape and going down hill but the Pak team proved themselves even at this state the kept the momentum going and helped the team reach final and bring the cup for their country!

Congrats deserved win!

angryangy

ICC Chairman
Try to resist resorting to personal attacks and if someone does have a snipe at you, don't give it more respect than it deserves. Sour grapes are to be expected, but you can be poor winner too. Considering the tournament is now over, there's nothing much to be lost if I lock this thread.
/mod

Still, I think it is a bit rich to say Pakistan weren't the best, but won anyway. It's like saying that Australia would have been the best if they made it to the final. Tournaments aren't just about having the best players, or even just about the winning of matches, they're about delivering the right game at the right time and having enough fuel left in the tank to cross the line. Pakistan did play better and better as the tournament wore on. In the end there was a real depth of confidence to their game, especially in the crucial handling of the seemingly untouchable Mendis.

Pakistan's strength was not vested in one player (though Shahid Afridi certainly has started to live up to a decade of hype), but in a whole team. The batting averages don't look great, but an average never tells much of variance. After some initial blemishes, Pakistan were a team of players backing each other up. Their youngsters were carefully picked and used sparingly, never given too much to do. While Sri Lanka had some of the best players of the tournament, Pakistan needed only to neutralise a few players to gain the upper hand.

Cricket isn't a game that spends a lot of time in 'finals mode' but when there is a game with everything on the line, it can often shake the will of players who aren't well accustomed to it. Most of Pakistan's side bore the burden of that final two years ago. They knew all too well what they needed to do.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
What a performance by Pakistan. Everyone played their part. Pak pretty much won the match first over when Amir made Dilshan dance and lose his wicket. Thank you Team Pakistan for giving us a good news after what our great nation has been through. Congrats to all my Pakistani brother on PC. Also Congrats to Indian, Bangladeshis and Lankans. The cup is staying in Subcontinent afterall.
Well done afridi and Razzaq.
Pakistan Zindabad

KBC

Panel of Selectors
Yes...sachin is unofficially retired from t20 though he likes to play :(

coolz_hari added 0 Minutes and 49 Seconds later...

that should be a surprise for me. he is mr.cricker

Couldn't resist..:p And a tad off topic though. But Virtually, Rahul dravid and VVS Laxman are retired from ODI cricket. After 2007.

:friends :o

Insomniac

Title Recipient
I can't resist.

t20final.jpg

And also I'm looking for a picture, but many Pakistanis fan wore shirts reading,

"I bought my ticket from an Indian"

Ahahahaha. And no, we're not obsessed with India, they were just way too overhyped before the tournament.

Anyway, I'm done laughing, don't bash me for this, just a joke.

Last edited:

Chetan0304

Chairman of Selectors
I can't resist.

t20final.jpg

And also I'm looking for a picture, but many Pakistanis fan wore shirts reading,

Ahahahaha. And no, we're not obsessed with India, they were just way too overhyped before the tournament.

Nice find, but one of the Pakistani bought ticket from me, and he didnt paid me typical chor! Haha (kidding) will answer this in the Indian - Pak series whenever it is :p

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I can't resist.

t20final.jpg

Enjoy it son ! I won`t do any bashing at this time. As good neighbors, we`ll let you enjoy your moment of glory. We did it in 2007 after all and we`ll get many more days to rejoice in the future. For the moment its your hour of glory and enjoy it !
Seriously, I have been surprised by the kind of friendly banter between Indians and Pakistanis during the past couple of days on most online forums (not youtube comments). I hope this stays.:clap I can tell you that quite a few of my friends actually were hoping for a Pakistan win yesterday.

And since the cup has not gone too far away from India, we`ll find it easier getting it back in 9 months time :D. In between we have a few scores to settle with fans of some other nations (not Pakistani fans) and the ICC Champions Trophy would come as a golden chance to settle it!

Users who are viewing this thread