Tactics

UCC-WMH

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Here is a thread where we can discuss and share tactics, online or off.

To be honest, I only opened this thread cause I have an awesome tactic that can bowl the Aussies out in under 200.
My best, which I use every game, is to pack the field on the offside (using custom field), with about five slips, gully and point, , deep backwards square leg and usually a straight hit.

Then open the bowling with a pace bowler and a spinner (preferably an offspinner), bowling consistently yorker length but almost a wide. Even on hard, they will still try to hit it, and they often edge it or play a lofted shot, and you usually get them out. Also helps if you start to bowl one way (say inswinger), but at the bowling meter you change it to an outswinger, and if you bowl an offspinner then at the bowling meter you change to a top spinner. For me, this frequently gets the oposing team out in under 200, but it takes time to practice. Also, with an offspinner, bowling yorker length but just outside the off stump will get alot of shouts for LBW and will often bowl the batsman (right hander only+ works better if you hit the yellow section).

Online use a pace bowler to start off with an off cutter, (field set same as ^^) and at the last minute at the bowling meter change it to a leg cutter (right hander). Usually gets an edge and a chance.

Last edited:
Here is a thread where we can discuss and share tactics, online or off.

To be honest, I only opened this thread cause I have an awesome tactic that can bowl the Aussies out in under 200.
My best, which I use every game, is to pack the field on the offside (using custom field), with about five slips, gully and point, , deep backwards square leg and usually a straight hit.

Then open the bowling with a pace bowler and a spinner (preferably an offspinner), bowling consistently yorker length but almost a wide. Even on hard, they will still try to hit it, and they often edge it or play a lofted shot, and you usually get them out. Also helps if you start to bowl one way (say inswinger), but at the bowling meter you change it to an outswinger, and if you bowl an offspinner then at the bowling meter you change to a top spinner. For me, this frequently gets the oposing team out in under 200, but it takes time to practice. Also, with an offspinner, bowling yorker length but just outside the off stump will get alot of shouts for LBW and will often bowl the batsman (right hander only+ works better if you hit the yellow section).

Online use a pace bowler to start off with an off cutter, (field set same as ^^) and at the last minute at the bowling meter change it to a leg cutter (right hander). Usually gets an edge and a chance.

I am not offending you or anything but I thought we purchase game to play, not to exploit the AI and dismiss it for paltry totals on the board. Once again no offense.

I am not offending you or anything but I thought we purchase game to play, not to exploit the AI and dismiss it for paltry totals on the board. Once again no offense.
I know completely where you're coming from. I thought to my self when I thought of the tactic i'm not exactly playing rightly and trying to win off the AI, i'm trying to bowl cheaply. But, just incase your in need, it works!

Custom fields are pretty powerful. Once you know the AIs scoring areas you can cut them off pretty easy and still keep close catchers in.

canging the aim reticule at the last moment or bowling a away swing ball but trying to bring towards the stump and vice versa hav too helped me:happy

A yorker in the yellow area, just in front of the stumps... starting with a straight one then changing to a inswinging yorker after a few short balls gets rid of tail quite easily... though if your a little off, i normaly see the ball going straight back over my head for 6! :facepalm

Users who are viewing this thread