ICC Board Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
India
Mumbai Indians
CSK
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
Yes. Mersal was better than Sarkar. Sarkar was not a musical film but Mersal had lot of scope for music.
In Mersal All the Songs was best and Plot of The Movie is Best compared To Sarkar

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Need to watch Comali, seems like it would a good fun movie to watch..

RPHKR

National Board President
Asuran was mind-blowing. What an acting by Dhanush! Must be one of the finest actors in India.

KD (a) Karuppudurai is a feel-good low budget film. Semaya irundhudhu.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Asuran was mind-blowing. What an acting by Dhanush! Must be one of the finest actors in India.

KD (a) Karuppudurai is a feel-good low budget film. Semaya irundhudhu.
Cool will check it out on Prime then.. In which platform is KD available online?

P.S Namma baashai la type adikara sugame thani..:D

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Been long since I last posted here, so here are my updates on the films I've watched since then:

Ner Konda Paarvai - Lovely! Though I loved PINK, it was great to see a star like Ajith sink his teeth into a film where he's just a prop for discussion of a very important issue. The acting was very good for the most part, though Rangaraj Pandey was at times cringe worthy.

Kaappaan - Horrendous! How in the world does KV Anand still repeat his 'dull' formula that already failed in Maattrraan? Suriya is a tiny saving grace in an otherwise garbage of a film. Suriya in very poor form right now! He needs a serious comeback after NGK and Kaappaan. Hope Sooraraai Pottru (Sudha Kongara) is that film that brings him back in form

Namma Veetu Pillai - Timepass fun, that drags a lot in 2nd half. Siva-Soori combo is a lot of fun and the songs are really good. Aishwarya Rajesh has a good role and she aces it as usual.

Asuran - Brilliant stuff! ABSOLUTELY GOOD! Dhanush in his possible 'career best'. The violence can get really nauseating at times, but the story is so damn gripping and the screenplay. The music and BGM by GV Prakash is exceptional and adds to the gripping feel. Vetrimaaran is a genuis and Dhanush has just solidifed his legendary status among actors in current generation Tamil cinema

Bigil - Good, but again as with other Atlee films, heavily inspired/copied. Vijay does a brilliant job as Rayappan (the dad character) that it deserves a prequel by itself. The songs are lovely from ARR (better than Mersal) and the acting is all on point. The women empowerment angle felt forced and was like "we also have to talk about this or else we'll be criticized".

Kaithi - BEST FILM OF THE YEAR!! Wow, what a film! Absolute beast! Karthi is brilliant and the music is extraordinary (Sam CS) but it is Lokesh Kanagaraj (who coincidentally is directing Vijay's next) who comes out as a massive winner for the storyline, the screenplay and the way he directs the movie. Must watch and I hope this one wins many awards for this year!

Aravind.

ICC Board Member
India
Mumbai Indians
This thread used to be great back in the day.

Are you guys Team Anil or Team Aamai or Netural this Pongal

@Bevab @SaiSrini @GOKUL RAJ KAMARAJ

If anyone else from Tamil Nadu or follow tamil cinema, please do give your opinion.

I remember @SaiSrini is team Anil right :p

I am team aamai AK forever, but both the trailers don't create huge expectations for me.

PEACE MAKER

ICC Board Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
India
Mumbai Indians
CSK
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India

If anyone else from Tamil Nadu or follow tamil cinema, please do give your opinion.

I am team aamai AK forever, but both the trailers don't create huge expectations for me.
Last i watched Love Today then didn't watch any movie so i don't have any news on Tamil cinema

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK

Ha ha.... Anil or Aamai is so Twitter-verse lingo! :D I used to be 'Anil' (Vijay fan) but now I am a 'Neutral'.

Honestly - family feel good dramas with sprinkling of action, is my comfort zone and a genre that I am more connected with. So, my first preference this Pongal is 'Varisu' but thats not because of my past history as a Vijay fan. However, I am also attracted to Thunivu because I loved Mankatha and Thunivu seems to remind me more of Mankatha and thats a great thing and adds hype to it. I actually liked both trailers and couldnt pick a winner!

I am watching Varisu in another 9 hrs. And I am watching Thunivu tomorrow (Jan 11) evening. This time, I am expecting both movies to be good, fingers crossed!

Last i watched Love Today then didn't watch any movie so i don't have any news on Tamil cinema

I know Love Today is a blockbuster and many ppl liked it, but I couldn't go through that movie beyond 30 odd mins. Somehow did not connect with me at all.

From 2022 - I enjoyed films like Vikram, Ponniyin Selvan-1. Both were extremely good and they deserved the cult status that they've achieved at the box office. Massively waiting for Ponniyin Selvan-2, which is releasing on April 28th this year. Must be pretty big after what the first part achieved.

Aravind.

ICC Board Member
India
Mumbai Indians
Ha ha.... Anil or Aamai is so Twitter-verse lingo! :D I used to be 'Anil' (Vijay fan) but now I am a 'Neutral'.

Honestly - family feel good dramas with sprinkling of action, is my comfort zone and a genre that I am more connected with. So, my first preference this Pongal is 'Varisu' but thats not because of my past history as a Vijay fan. However, I am also attracted to Thunivu because I loved Mankatha and Thunivu seems to remind me more of Mankatha and thats a great thing and adds hype to it. I actually liked both trailers and couldnt pick a winner!

I am watching Varisu in another 9 hrs. And I am watching Thunivu tomorrow (Jan 11) evening. This time, I am expecting both movies to be good, fingers crossed!

I know Love Today is a blockbuster and many ppl liked it, but I couldn't go through that movie beyond 30 odd mins. Somehow did not connect with me at all.

From 2022 - I enjoyed films like Vikram, Ponniyin Selvan-1. Both were extremely good and they deserved the cult status that they've achieved at the box office. Massively waiting for Ponniyin Selvan-2, which is releasing on April 28th this year. Must be pretty big after what the first part achieved.
Me too a netural these days, supporting quality content irrespective of the actor, but aamai mode activated only on AK movie release date, watching thunivu on tommorow afternoon, varisu on Saturday with family, as most of the homies are Vijay fans.

Bevab

Staff Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

I’ve always been taking the piss out of the rabid fans on both sides so have no like for either of them. :p

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
I enjoyed Varisu, despite its predictability!! The movie promised an emotional family drama with loads of action/punch dialogues/comedy from Vijay, and it delivered it in style!

Family feel good / emotional dramas are my comfort genre, and I was thoroughly entertained. And also the second half is a full on feast for the fans with the action, the comedy, the massy references, etc. And I enjoy that too, as long as its not cringey. So essentially a big disclaimer........... If you are not a fan of family dramas or if you are not a fan of massy masala, you wont enjoy this! Be warned... :D

Watching Thunivu today evening. News on social media is that, both films have garnered positive reports from audience and are going to make a massive killing at the box office. Tamil cinema had a great 2022 and looks like 2023 is going to continue that!

Thunivu one of the best in recent times.

Oh thats nice to hear!! I heard its Mankatha reloaded. I loved Mankatha and hoping I enjoy Thunivu as much

Aravind.

ICC Board Member
India
Mumbai Indians
I enjoyed Varisu, despite its predictability!! The movie promised an emotional family drama with loads of action/punch dialogues/comedy from Vijay, and it delivered it in style!

Family feel good / emotional dramas are my comfort genre, and I was thoroughly entertained. And also the second half is a full on feast for the fans with the action, the comedy, the massy references, etc. And I enjoy that too, as long as its not cringey. So essentially a big disclaimer........... If you are not a fan of family dramas or if you are not a fan of massy masala, you wont enjoy this! Be warned... :D

Watching Thunivu today evening. News on social media is that, both films have garnered positive reports from audience and are going to make a massive killing at the box office. Tamil cinema had a great 2022 and looks like 2023 is going to continue that!

Oh thats nice to hear!! I heard its Mankatha reloaded. I loved Mankatha and hoping I enjoy Thunivu as much
It's not full and fully mankatha reloaded, I don't want to post spoilers, watch and give your comment. I went with no expectation, saw the best flim of AK in a decade.

Users who are viewing this thread