Votes: 0 0.0%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 6.1%

• Total voters
aus for sure england second and pakistan third
india fourth

I thought India were on target till the start of Asia Cup. But in the end even though they didn't win the Champions trophy which they should have, I will go with England - for pulling off some good test series wins and the only team to remain undefeated in tests in 2004.

fardin said:
aus for sure england second and pakistan third
india fourth

Australia? are you kidding? :p
no sure they are #1 but I'm looking at more from the angle of overall progress made during the year and under different conditions.

I voted for England but New Zealand,in the first part of the year,looked like they could challenge AUstralia,but then they crumbled since the CHampions Trophy.And I'm surprised you didn't have Sri Lanka in there.They did quite well this year.

Australia no doubt. 5series wins this year, plus a complete whipe up of the subcontinent. #1 team playing at its finest.

yes aus did whipe of sub_continent by they left some some garbage's near my neighbor's house. :(

Yeh, Australia.

team of the year has to be new zealand they won more one day matches than anyone in 2004

jazz said:
team of the year has to be new zealand they won more one day matches than anyone in 2004

No they didn't. New Zealand won 19, as did Australia. Sri Lanka are top of this list with 20 ODI wins in 2004.

I would say Australia because I think they decimated all opposition this year whether in Test or ODI cricket. They may not have got as many wins in either form of the game as the other teams but I still think they are getting away from the other teams even farther. England's progress were okay but again one has to pay attention that the teams they have beaten are ranked 6, 7, and 8 in the test ratings. That is just higher than Bangladesh and Zimbabwe. One must take England's progress with a pinch of salt.

Users who are viewing this thread