Templates, Tutorials and Resources

• Thread starter Deleted member 9102
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 9102

I'm hoping that this thread can be of assistance to anybody interested in modding the game - the idea is that we work together to come up with easily accessible templates that are as accurate as possible to make modding simpler and more accurate. If you save any of the templates, feel free to make improvements to them and post them with a changelist.

If you create any tutorials, go ahead and post them here or in your own thread and I'll post a link to it below.

Also, if you find any useful resources such as free software, places to find high quality photos of cricket bats/gear or whatever else that you feel would be helpful to fellow modders then let us know!

Templates

Bat
Stumps
Shirt/Vest/Jumper

Tutorials

A quick tut to get modding in DBC

Resources

Adobe Photoshop CS2
NVIDIA Texture Tools for Adobe Photoshop - Plugin for Photoshop to add compatibility for .dds files.
Paint.NET - Image editing software - Free alternative to Photoshop, has .dds support natively.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 9102

Here is the stumps template that I made yesterday;

127586d1405351564-templates-tutorials-resources-stumps-template.png

127587d1405351621-templates-tutorials-resources-bdrg9u4.jpg

Attachments

• Stumps Template.png
    Stumps Template.png
    7.4 KB · Views: 372
  • bDRG9U4.jpg
    bDRG9U4.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 339

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Free Photoshop Cs2

It might be worth pointing out, that Adobe have also made Photoshop CS2 available for free download

This is 100% legit - you can also download it via the adobe site if you have a proper adobe ID

obviously a pretty old version, but has more than enough functionality for basic image manipulation. also the nvidia dds plugin will work with it.

iamsachin

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
D

Deleted member 9102

It might be worth pointing out, that Adobe have also made Photoshop CS2 available for free download

This is 100% legit - you can also download it via the adobe site if you have a proper adobe ID

obviously a pretty old version, but has more than enough functionality for basic image manipulation. also the nvidia dds plugin will work with it.
Thanks, very useful! :)

Also, here is the NVIDIA Texture Tools plugin for Photoshop, so that you can work with the .dds files directly and save in that format.

https://developer.nvidia.com/nvidia-texture-tools-adobe-photoshop

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Is it better than current version of GIMP? Worth downloading in your opinion?

Well i am more comfortable with photoshop than GIMP. to be honest i don't know enough of GIMP's functionality to compare, but if you already know photshop and don't want to take time getting to grips with GIMP this well worth it.

----------

Thanks, very useful! :)

Also, here is the NVIDIA Texture Tools plugin for Photoshop, so that you can work with the .dds files directly and save in that format.

https://developer.nvidia.com/nvidia-texture-tools-adobe-photoshop

Yep that's the one - it's compatible with CS2

grkrama

National Board President

actually not it was basically released that way because they couldn't support running servers for old version to check CD key, but officially you can use it only if you have already own the copy.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/adriank.../07/download-adobe-cs2-applications-for-free/

Try paint.net you will feel at home and its more user friendly than gimp, and can do 80% of the most important things PS does.

http://www.getpaint.net/ It has dds support out of box.

Last edited:

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
This might be asking for too much, but is it possible for someone to maybe record a screen cast showing how to mod (even a basic one perhaps)? I'm highly motivated by the work displayed here and want to give it a shot, but with hardly any knowledge I'm hesitating to take the next step forward.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
actually not it was basically released that way because they couldn't support running servers for old version to check CD key, but officially you can use it only if you have already own the copy.

No, You Can't Download Adobe CS2 Applications For Free - Forbes

Try paint.net you will feel at home and its more user friendly than gimp, and can do 80% of the most important things PS does.

Paint.NET - Free Software for Digital Photo Editing It has dds support out of box.

The adobe page has all the serial numbers for running it. I don't think they'd put that there for "only if you own it already"?

----------

This might be asking for too much, but is it possible for someone to maybe record a screen cast showing how to mod (even a basic one perhaps)? I'm highly motivated by the work displayed here and want to give it a shot, but with hardly any knowledge I'm hesitating to take the next step forward.

Honestly, check the tutorial @grkrama did in the main forum. Or maybe @MattW and move it here - it's one post and very very easy/intuitive.

grkrama

National Board President
they have put it there cause they can no longer support running servers for people who bought CS2, it means they dont care if you use it, but its not released free.

https://forums.adobe.com/message/4919014#4919014#4919014?sdid=KCHDS

Technically i would say they were just too stuffed to to say 'here guys take our old legacy software for free', that would have actually won them more fans on the opensource side.

Last edited:

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
D

Deleted member 9102

Hmm, not sure what to do - do we remove the links? I'll probably leave that call up to Matt, Colin et al :p.

Users who are viewing this thread