TENNIS Tennis World Tour 2

TomW777

Club Captain

Nard2020

Club Captain
One of the bigger takeaways I thought was that Big Ant are not sharing their community creation tech with TWT2/Big Ben.
They have to give gamers a reason to go back to the AO series lol.

The steam page has a new video up, looks far more impressive.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1223910/Tennis_World_Tour_2/

There's also an official press release with bits of info:

-38 Players in the game
-3 official arenas so far ( Halle, Madrid and RG)
-New Game play mode modeled after Tie Break Tens

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
They have to give gamers a reason to go back to the AO series lol.

The steam page has a new video up, looks far more impressive.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1223910/Tennis_World_Tour_2/

There's also an official press release with bits of info:

-38 Players in the game
-3 official arenas so far ( Halle, Madrid and RG)
-New Game play mode modeled after Tie Break Tens

The video does look better, but I don't see anything yet that will make me want to buy this when I have AOT. Still, it's early days, and I'm keeping an open mind.

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
They are doing EVERYTHING possible to distance themselves from the first game....”fresh” start, constant plugs about a new team, new engine. It’s so blatant lol.

Also, seeing this:

Annotation 2020-07-04 171659.jpg

I thought I remember reading after the first game came out, that the 700,000 figure that was thrown around by BigBen, was partly made up of copies that they shipped to resellers on a non-return basis, and therefore, that wasn't the number of copies that were actually sold to end users.

That doesn't mean they didn't sell a lot of games, of course.

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
The game was heavily discounted from the get go.I am not sure teaming up with big ant is the answer to all their problems I still maintain the gameplay in ao1 is better than ao2

Nard2020

Club Captain
The
Also, seeing this:

View attachment 234032

I thought I remember reading after the first game came out, that the 700,000 figure that was thrown around by BigBen, was partly made up of copies that they shipped to resellers on a non-return basis, and therefore, that wasn't the number of copies that were actually sold to end users.

That doesn't mean they didn't sell a lot of games, of course.

The actual quote was from the 500k figure at launch in 2018 and was indeed just referencing copies shipped. The 700k figure was from a recent quarterly report/ press release.

if you check gamestats, you can see the game has been played by over 650k unique accounts( not counting Switch and PC).....so all together, it most likely reached over 700k.

JohnnyDGaming89

County Cricketer
It did seem to have a very high player base compared to both AO games, evidently the sequel doing worse than the first game.

It still looks a lot like the first game, makes me wonder if Breakpoint started development and Big Ant took over at some point as it doesn't look like it's built from the ground up, as I'm still seeing a lot of similarities to the first game.

Nard2020

Club Captain
It did seem to have a very high player base compared to both AO games, evidently the sequel doing worse than the first game.

It still looks a lot like the first game, makes me wonder if Breakpoint started development and Big Ant took over at some point as it doesn't look like it's built from the ground up, as I'm still seeing a lot of similarities to the first game.

That's exactly it, despite all of the early previews and interviews stating how they started from scratch and how it's a whole new game and engine......it's very clear that is not the case. Which i personally don't mind, as i felt the base groundwork of TWT was quite good.

JohnnyDGaming89

County Cricketer
Just before Roland Garros starts from memory, I wonder if they've kept hold of the courts they acquired for that "edition"

JohnnyDGaming89

County Cricketer
Think it had been out for a few days at the time, some people claimed it looked great or very promising, but there was still so much wrong with it I felt.

Users who are viewing this thread