Testing DB Fix... HIT THE PAGE HARD!

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Well, the problem has happened again but at least this time I know what the issue is.

Basically, several entities are trying to read/write from the database file from the same time and hence the file is locked when the simulation tries to run. I can't think of an easy solution off the top of my head so right now the best I can do is this:

1. I'll re-simulate the games in PCCS and post the results in the match threads.
2. I'll try to come up with a fix for tomorrow's preseason game.

Looks like the live feature was too popular and hence too many people were trying to use it. :P

The solution for this will be to have a separate database for the web server so that the matches can proceed with simulation despite high server load.

Sorry for all this guys! But the main purpose of the pre-season tournament was to work out the kinks in the live output. Bear with me as I figure the issues out!

Akash00

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Thanks a lot for letting us know what the problem is, finally.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Cant you store the db on the pc server and have pccs use it?
The issue is not the location of the database but the access to it. It's mainly my fault because I didn't put mutexes and such or check for SQLite exceptions in my code. I'm going to run an international simulation that doesn't affect PCCS to see if I can reproduce the error.

Pranav

ICC Board Member
The Llamas can have a sigh of relief now! They have yet another chance to prove themselves. They were smashed in the last two though. :p

The live feature definitely brings in some issues. Hopefully they'll get worked upon soon and we will have a healthy tournament ahead. :)

Last edited:

saiyaman

Club Cricketer
No problem Sohum! Glad to see that you've managed to corner the problem at last. Would take a weight off your shoulders that way. :)

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
I'm going to schedule a Twenty20 tri-series between India, England and Australia in an hour or so to test a fix for the db problem.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Best of luck sohum, You have done superb hardwork and hope it goes for best