The 2017 County Project

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
I've decided to take it upon myself to round up the best creators on DBC 17 in an attempt to update the English County sides for the upcoming 2017 season. We'll have updated squads, correctly assigned bats and the 2017 season kits upon their release.

What's Needed: People to point out my mistakes.

Teams Shared

Mens

Derbyshire - AGuyCalledKiko (Squad/Kits/Bats)
Durham - AGuyCalledKiko (Squad/Kits/Bats)
Essex - AGuyCalledKiko (Squad/Kits/Bats)
Glamorgan - AGuyCalledKiko (Squad/Kits/Bats)
Gloucestershire - AGuyCalledKiko (Squad/Kits/Bats)
Hampshire - AGuyCalledKiko (Squad/Kits/Bats)
Kent - AGuyCalledKiko (Squad/Kits/Bats)
Lancashire - AGuyCalledKiko (Squad/Kits/Bats)
Leicestershire - AGuyCalledKiko (Squad/Kits/Bats)
Middlesex - WasteYourYouth (Squad/Kits/Bats)
Northamptonshire - WasteYourYouth (Squad/Kits/Bats)
Nottinghamshire - AGuyCalledKiko (Squad/Kits/Bats)
Somerset - WasteYourYouth (Squad/Kits*/Bats)
Surrey - AGuyCalledKiko (Squad/Kits/Bats)
Sussex - AGuyCalledKiko (Squad/Kits/Bats)
Warwickshire - AGuyCalledKiko (Squad/Kits/Bats)
Worcestershire - WasteYourYouth (Squad/Kits/Bats)
Yorkshire - AGuyCalledKiko (Squad/Kits/Bats)

KIA Super League
Lancashire Thunder - AGuyCalledKiko (Squad/Kits/Logos)
Loughborough Lightning - AGuyCalledKiko (Squad/Kits/Logos)
Southern Vipers - AGuyCalledKiko (Squad/Kits/Logos)
Surrey Stars - AGuyCalledKiko (Squad/Kits/Logos)
Yorkshire Diamonds - AGuyCalledKiko (Squad/Kits/Logos)
Western Storm - AGuyCalledKiko (Squad/Kits/Logos)

Credits

@karolkarol for updating the 18 Counties rosters
@Munkeymomo, @inertSpark, @wasteyouryouth and @Llewelynf for their brilliant kit work
@inertSpark and @Llewelynf for their brilliant bats.
@TekkogsSteve and @wasteyouryouth for their work on the KIA Super League kits and logos.
@disco123 for his list of bats for Sussex
@Spitfires2007 for his help with Kent's bats
@RedskinsUK for his work on players for the KIA Super League
Anyone else who's players or bats I may have used in creating these squads.

*Potential issue with Somerset T20 kit.

Last edited:

cd779

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
I'm happy to help with some of this (other than kits/logos) and could help keep Kent in particular updated. However, I'm aware that some teams still haven't named overseas players so can't be final yet.

If you're happy to make it, it would be great to have the kit that Kent are using for the West Indies 50 over tournament this month, the red shirt in this picture:
oliver-robinson-fgs-plant.jpg

As far as outgrounds go, there aren't many left to create. The only ones that haven't been created and will feature in the 2017 domestic competitions are:
St Helen's, Swansea
Aigburth, Liverpool
Trafalgar Road, Southport
Radlett
Uxbridge
Old Deer Park, Richmond
Welbeck Colliery
The Saffrons, Eastbourne

A problem with most of those is the lack of reference photos. St Helen's is the only one for which a good amount is available for. The Saffrons for example hasn't hosted a county match in around 15 years I believe - so no idea if temporary stands etc will be set up, and if so, in what formation.

karolkarol

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Ireland (Cricket)
I've updated Munkey's squads with 2017 transfers. I did it for my own use but I can share them if you want?

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
I've updated Munkey's squads with 2017 transfers. I did it for my own use but I can share them if you want?
That would be perfect, feel free to download my Lancashire side as well and upload that, I want everything under one name preferably, are bats assigned too?

karolkarol

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Ireland (Cricket)
That would be perfect, feel free to download my Lancashire side as well and upload that, I want everything under one name preferably, are bats assigned too?

They have bats but not the correct ones, I picked 20 bats and just plugged them in methodically with zero thought. I've also amended the commentary names.

If you use Munkey's teams as the basis they should all be under him as original creator, if you want to touch stuff up from his or mine then you'll be the final uploader. Should be consistent either way.

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
They have bats but not the correct ones, I picked 20 bats and just plugged them in methodically with zero thought. I've also amended the commentary names.

If you use Munkey's teams as the basis they should all be under him as original creator, if you want to touch stuff up from his or mine then you'll be the final uploader. Should be consistent either way.
Ok thanks, i'll have a look. Are the linked England players from Snowy's team added?

karolkarol

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Ireland (Cricket)
Ok thanks, i'll have a look. Are the linked England players from Snowy's team added?

Yeah as are any Kolpaks or overseas players. I don't have the majority of England test players in their county teams though, that's my personal preference as they don't play much domestic cricket so if you want to add them you'll need to amend the lineups.

I haven't shared them yet I was intending them for my own personal use. I'll do it tonight when I get on.

karolkarol

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Ireland (Cricket)
Thanks @karolkarol. I'll re-add them and just leave them out of the line up for the most part

I should have been clearer, they're in the squads, just not in the lineups. I have the likes of Hales, Ballance, Hameed, Finn etc in as they're not established test players but excluded YJB, Root, Anderson, Woakes etc

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
I should have been clearer, they're in the squads, just not in the lineups. I have the likes of Hales, Ballance, Hameed, Finn etc in as they're not established test players but excluded YJB, Root, Anderson, Woakes etc
Ahh that's fine then, leave it at that :)

I've also added what's needed in the 1st post, its mostly just what bats each player uses.

TekkogsSteve

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Scotland
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I made an Aigburtn a while ago for my career, pretty shit coz it was my first, and so far only, time using the stadium creator but I will share it if anyone wants to improve on it or make add adboards

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
Great work @karolkarol. I've found out that using the "download without logos" is a pretty bad idea for some teams identity as the sharing ID's must be off, then when I go into identity to re add the logos the game crashes. Good old BAS...

Users who are viewing this thread