The 2nd best wicketkeeper batsman in the World

2nd best wk-batsman in the world currently?

• Total voters

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
We all know how times have changed, and that nowdays a wicketkeeper must be able to score runs for him to be selected in the team.

Adam Gilchrist of Australia is definately the first and the best in this regard.

But who do you think is the second best??

Jones probably keeps a little better than Sangakkara but he is definitely the better batsman by a long way.

id go as far as saying that if brad haddin had enough opportunities he would probably be second best. he has made a 100 against pakistan as captain of australia a. but kumar would 2nd best on your list easy

Mahendra Singh Dhoni

your list is very small

Khaled Mashud
Kamran Akmal
K.Otieno

where ?

They're not there because they don't really deserve to be up there. The only people that would pick those keepers are the members who those keepers country come from

Definately Sangakaara. And Gilchrist is possibly the best keeper/batsmen ever.

Guys I would have thought Andy Flower would rank somewhere up there. He is phenominal player!

hasn't he retired.

anyway, Akmal can be there, he got match saving 100 against India and Man of match for mohali, earlier an odi 100 against WI,

check Dhoni's avg 35, and highest score 148, also note he is quite new. and strike rate 98. and it is also about keeping where he is really good.

Last edited:
I would actually rate Brad Haddin the second best. He has really come of age in the last year. He is a better gloveman than Gilchrist as well and averages a healthy 45 in first class cricket!

Sorry I was looking at last season's domestic statistics. But yes it has to be Flower. He is incredible and to think he is Zimbabwian

yeah i reckon haddin would easily make any other international line-up. Its a shame he's in the shadow of such an awesome player like Gilly

Users who are viewing this thread