The 2nd best wicketkeeper batsman in the World

2nd best wk-batsman in the world currently?

• Total voters
either jones or sangakkara

dhoni is a real batting talent though...

who says gilchrist is the best what about rahul dravid

Actualley .... dravid was'nt bad , he quit the keeping job , becuase it was affecting his batting .

m_vaughan said:
Rahul Dravid is not a wicket-keeper. He is as good as Marcus Trescothick or Younis Khan.

are you kidding me?? Dravid has kept in lots of games for India. He can wicketkeep, and he does it alot better than Dhoni. He just stopped because he wanted to concentrate more on his batting.

Please don't make ridiculous comments like you just made

iceman_waugh said:
its dujom not dunjon.

by the way we are talking about the present keepres..

And anyhow the options in the poll are too less.
Dujom? Who's that? Are you trying to talk about Jeffrey DUJON.

zreh said:
are you kidding me?? Dravid has kept in lots of games for India. He can wicketkeep, and he does it alot better than Dhoni. He just stopped because he wanted to concentrate more on his batting.

Please don't make ridiculous comments like you just made

Please don't be overzealously critical of the opinions of our good friend m_vaughan.

rofl at andrew_nixon. Inconspicuous typo.

I don't think Dravid could really be classed as a wicketkeeper batsmen. In the few games I saw him keep against Australia he missed a number of chances and was subsequently below his excellent best with the bat.

If Dravid could maintain his batting excellence whilst 'keeping to even an adequate standard he would be doing this for the Indian side right now. If his keeping was impacting upon his ability to perform with the bat (which in all likelihood was the reason why he didn't continue with the gloves) then he cannot be classed as a 'keeper/batsmen because such an all-rounder is required to perform to their potential in both disciplines.

It was Ganguly who saved Dravid from being dropped from the ODI team by handing over the wicketkeep gloves to him temporarily! Ganguly was the one who decided to use Dravid as a makeshift wicketkeeper thereby making the selectors avoid the axing of Dravid from the ODI team! Now, Dravid is the most reliable ODI batsman too thanks to Ganguly!

Users who are viewing this thread