The 60s thread

GorgeousGeorge59

County Cricketer
So because i feel bad for blocking up all the other retro threads with the 1960s, I've started my own so we can keep track of the teams completed.

Please feel free to help out in anyway you can.

I am basing my 60s domestic teams off 1964.

Thanks to @Mouseydread for the international teams!
Thanks to @fezza for help with the Domestic teams.

England - COMPLETE
Australia - COMPLETE
India - COMPLETE
Pakistan - COMPLETE
South Africa
New Zealand
Rhodesia - COMPLETE
Ceylon - COMPLETE
East Africa

Eng Domestic.
Surrey - COMPLETE
Middlesex - COMPLETE
Yorkshire - COMPLETE
Hampshire - COMPLETE
Lancashire - COMPLETE
Kent - COMPLETE
Sussex
Essex
Somerset
Gloucestershire
Worcestershire
Nottinghamshire
Derbyshire - IN PROGRESS
Northamptonshire
Glamorgan
Leicestershire - COMPLETE
Warwickshire
Oxford University - COMPLETE
Cambridge University - COMPLETE

Last edited:

GorgeousGeorge59

County Cricketer
For those interested. The playing conditions of the Gillette One Day Cup:

The first 2 years of the Gillette cup were 65 overs a side and a bowler could bowl a maximum of 15 overs per innings, this changed to 12 when the matches were reduced to 60 overs.

Fielding restrictions were not around in those days as they are now, it was nothing usual to see 10 fielders around the boundary towards the end of an innings including on occasion the wicket keeper.

As all games were Knockout a tie was decided by who had lost least wickets .

Start of play was 11am, Lunch at 1.15, 10 minutes between the innings mid afternoon and a tea interval was taken when the side batting second had 25 overs left .

Even with 120 overs in the day the games usually finished between 7 and 7.30. Occasionally a game would go on later to save using a reserve day if weather had intervened.

fezza

Club Captain
Interestingly modern one day cricket was effectively started by Leicestershire in 1962 when Mike Turner organised the Midland Knockout Cup that then led to the Gillette Cup a year later...

http://www.espncricinfo.com/magazine/content/story/510124.html

Scrapping the knock out format was a big mistake - and from next year the remaining one day competition will be downgraded further. It is crazy really when England has finally fallen in love with one day cricket after the world cup...

fezza

Club Captain
Finally got around to uploading Derbyshire 1961. I may have overskilled them a little but I have a soft spot for the Falcons...

Users who are viewing this thread