Story The Amazon Indian Premier League.- Auctions Day 1.

Prithvi

10 years at Planetcricket
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
au9r0o.jpg

Following the controversies of the earlier version, BCCI has decided to do tremendous changes to the existing league structure. A committee was appointed to re-look the way Indian domestic structure is being executed and the committee, headed by Ravi Shastry, came up with the following changes:

• Reduction of length of IPLT20.
  • Axing the concepts of Zonal Tournaments and making the IPL franchisees play longer formats instead.
  • Not to have more than 8 Domestic Tournaments through out the year, which includes 3 each by Ranji and IPL sides.
  • Allowance of limited number of OS players in the longer formats of IPL franchisees.

After several board meetings, BCCI has finally decided to change the structure of domestic cricket by voting system and the Zonal tournaments were finally axed. Instead, IPL franchisees were to take part in longer formats. The IPL Franchisees were given notice about this- considering there was mega auction coming up. The players retention were also undone as the franchisees had to play different strategy to retain players.

There were mixed reactions from the franchisee owners. However, most of the owners were satisfied with the changes, as they had more time to play. "This is exciting. We have to plan for three different formats of cricket at the auctions. The way we think plays a crucial role here" Says Rahul Dravid- the Mentor of Rajasthan Royals.

To be continued..​

Aditya

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
BCCI has finally set foot on the right path. They already had the fan base, it was all about capitalizing on the same and restructuring the IPL in such a way that it motivated players to take part in all the formats of cricket, not necessarily just t20.

Good to see you back, Binnu. Nice base to the story, looking forward to it. :thumbs

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Wow, this is different. Let's see how these money minded owners can cope with playing longer formats and are we going to see colored uniforms for 4-day matches? :p

Good luck, Prithvi.

Dipak

ICC Board Member
Looks great. Atleast BCCI has brains in this story :p

Personally I loved your Intergrating Love with blah, blah story. Hope this is even better. Good Luck! :)

Prithvi

India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
au9r0o.jpg

Players Retention

As the formats of Cricket what franchisees have changed, the players retention period was extended with teams getting chance of retaining 5 players from their previous squads, keeping the new formats to play in mind. Couple of teams have not retained even a single player before entering the auction where as few teams who had good rapport with players went on to retain few players..

Mumbai Indians:

Rohit Sharma
Harbhajan Singh
Ambati Rayudu
Kieron Pollard
Lasith Malinga
RTM Cards: 1

Chennai Super Kings:

MS Dhoni
Suresh Raina
Mohit Sharma
Dwayne Bravo
Ravindra Jadeja

Sunrisers Hyderabad:

Dale Steyn
Shikar Dhawan
RTM Cards: 4

Kolkata Knight Riders:

Gautam Gambhir
Sunil Narine
Yusuf Pathan
Jacques Kallis
RTM Cards: 2

Kings XI Punjab:

David Miller
Praveen Kumar

Delhi Daredevils:
None.
RTM Cards: 6

Rajasthan Royals:
None.
RTM Cards: 6

Royal Challengers Bangalore:

Virat Kohli
Cheteshwar Pujara
Chris Gayle
AB de Villiers
Ravi Rampaul

It was definite shocker to see Virender Sehwag not being retained by Delhi Daredevils, however they had Right to Match cards, with which they can grab the player after the player has been bought. Ravichandran Ashwin not being retained by Chennai Super Kings was kind of a surprise, but may be they have trusted Sir Jadeja as he has additional batting skills. However CSK have one RTM card with which they can get him back. Players coming from Pune Warriors India- like Yuvraj Singh, Robin Uthappa, Bhubaneshwar Kumar etc were free agents and are being expected to be sold for high amounts.

Right to Match cards are the ones which were introduced considering to give the owners chance to retain the players at the time of auction. Once a player is sold to some team- its previous team has chance to grab the player with the same amount to which he is sold. This makes the things more interesting as the team owners will have to do some impromptu planning.

To be continued..​

----------

BCCI has finally set foot on the right path. They already had the fan base, it was all about capitalizing on the same and restructuring the IPL in such a way that it motivated players to take part in all the formats of cricket, not necessarily just t20.

Good to see you back, Binnu. Nice base to the story, looking forward to it. :thumbs
This is all we can do, virtually being happy by doing the perfect thing what BCCI can do :p .
The IPL teams playing 4-day matches?

I'll be reading.
I guess this was already done by myself.
Check it here :)

Wow, this is different. Let's see how these money minded owners can cope with playing longer formats and are we going to see colored uniforms for 4-day matches? :p

Good luck, Prithvi.
Colored uniforms for longer formats :lol. Lets see :p. BTW, Thanks a lot mate :)

Looks great. Atleast BCCI has brains in this story :p

Personally I loved your Intergrating Love with blah, blah story. Hope this is even better. Good Luck! :)
Integrating one will continue, but it takes some time as I am unwilling to update now because of my personal life. :p

I am excited for this story :D
ATB bro :thumbs:
Thankyou :)

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Lovely start, looking forward to the updates. :thumbs

And if in the story Sehwag goes to any other team except KXIP then I'm certainly not following the story further. :p :lol

Ohm

User Title Purchaser
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Preity Zinta, will she buy handsome players in longer formats as well?:p Johnson, Bailey spot on.:D

Prithvi

India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
au9r0o.jpg

Auction Day 1: Summary:

The most awaited auction was a two day program and at the end of day 1. Just like how everybody expected, the player to get the highest bid was Yuvraj Singh. Royal Challengers Bangalore bought his services for whooping amount. The surprise of the auction was Virender Sehwag going to Kolkata Knight Riders. Kevin Pietersen was bought by Mumbai Indians. However, Delhi Daredevils used RTM card to get his services

Mumbai Indians:

Rohit Sharma
Harbhajan Singh
Ambati Rayudu
Kieron Pollard
Lasith Malinga
Corey Anderson
Jasprit Bumrah
Marchant deLange
Josh Hazelwood
Micheal Hussey
Krishmar Santokie
Lendl Simmons
Pawan Suyal
Apoorv Wankhede
Zaheer Khan

Chennai Super Kings:

MS Dhoni
Suresh Raina
Mohit Sharma
Dwayne Bravo
Ravindra Jadeja
Baba Aparajit
Samuel Badree
Faf du Plessis
John Hastings
Ben Hilfenhaus
Mithun Manhas
Vijaykumar YoMahesh
Ishwar Pandey

Sunrisers Hyderabad:

Dale Steyn
Shikar Dhawan
David Warner
Aaron Finch
Darren Sammy*
Anirudha Srikkanth
Ashish Reddy
Pragyan Ojha
Venugopal Rao
Tirumalsetti Suman
Naman Ojha
Prasanth Parameshwaran
Irfan Pathan
Ishant Sharma
Karn Sharma
Amit Mishra

RTM Cards: 3

Kolkata Knight Riders:

Gautam Gambhir
Sunil Narine
Yusuf Pathan
Jacques Kallis
Virender Sehwag
Manvinder Bisla
Piyush Chawla
Pat Cummins
Kuldeep Yadav
Ashok Dinda
Wriddhiman Saha
Andre Russel
Shakib-al-Hasan*
Ryan ten Doeschate*
Vijay Zol
Tanmay Mishra
RTM Cards: 0

Kings XI Punjab:

David Miller
Praveen Kumar
Glenn Maxwell
George Bailey
Gurkeerat Singh Mann
Mandeep Singh
Thisara Perera
Akshar Patel
Sandeep Sharma
Mitchell Johnson

Delhi Daredevils:

Kevin Pietersen*
Murali Vijay
Dinesh Karthik
JP Duminy
Shami Ahmed
Yogesh Takwale
Yuzuvendra Chahal
Rilee Rossouw

RTM Cards: 5

Rajasthan Royals:

Shane Watson*
Ajinkya Rahane*
Muttiaih Muralidharan
Harshal Patel
Kevon Cooper*
Unmukt Chand
James Faulkner
CM Gautam
Parthiv Patel
Sanju Samson*
Steven Smith

RTM Cards: 2

Royal Challengers Bangalore:

Virat Kohli
Cheteshwar Pujara
Chris Gayle
AB de Villiers
Ravi Rampaul
Yuvraj Singh
Robin Uthappa
R Vinay Kumar
Ravichandran Ashwin
Manish Pandey
Stuart Binny
Mayank Agarwal
Albie Morkel
Varun Aaron
Nic Maddinson
Brett Lee

There were many many surprises at the auction. Many people were happy because they were all set to watch Gautam Gambhir and Virender Sehwag, together in action.

Right to Match cards are the ones which were introduced considering to give the owners chance to retain the players at the time of auction. Once a player is sold to some team- its previous team has chance to grab the player with the same amount to which he is sold. This makes the things more interesting as the team owners will have to do some impromptu planning.

To be continued..​

PS: I have decided not to put the amounts to which players were sold because I want to concentrate on squads, not money :p

Dipak

ICC Board Member
Albie Morkel is a test league. Apart from that I love RCB.

I guess Prithvi will show this story to his employer for a promotion :spy

Users who are viewing this thread