Story The Ashes 06/07-England (A Cricket 07 Story)

Mahmood bowled well picking up 4 wickets and NSW have a good score on the board. You are putting lots of efforts for this mate :cheers

mate u are doing wonderful in making layouts( mahmood & halfcentury )! Excellent :hpraise
Also nice font selction for 89,79 and 4/59! :clap

Mahmood had a very impressive spell taking cruicial wickets..

rabeta said:
That is it for New South Wales' innings. England will be very happy with the way they bowled but this innings highlights how badly they batted in their first innings.

Couldnt agree more. Now its their time to do something with the bat. Come on England!!

wow what a poor performance from england they need to improve

...Welcome back to Hornet Sports for the start of England's innings. They really do need to start batting well and will want a lead that at least gives them a chance and puts some of their batsmen in good form...

...Cook and Strauss are walking out and they will be hoping to get England off to a good and positive start...

Cook and Strauss share a 50 partnership

It has not been very exciting cricket but they have both played well and look solid, England will want one of them at least to go on and make a score now that they are in...
straussandcookgoodstartpt6.jpg

...The partnership has ended though, with Bopara being caught off Lee for a well played 25, the ball got onto quicker than he thought.

...Cook has gone after looking very good on 32. He will be disappointed as he was in and him and Strauss would have wanted to carry the partnership on after seeing through the new ball. Questions will again be asked whether he will cope with facing Warne in the up-coming series as he got out to another leg-spinner in MacGill, caught at silly point.

Collingwood and Pietersen go but Strauss is pushing on

Both Collingwood and Pietersen will be disappointed after the both faced about 30 balls and then got out. They both got out to spinners and that will make them even more disappointed as they both play spin very well. However, Strauss is looking very good at the other end and has brought up his half-century but at this rate he may run out of partners.

pietersenandcollingwoodyr8.jpg

...England have seemingly recovered and have brought up the 200 and are now n the lead. They will be hoping to build a significant lead for NSW to chase on the last day. Strauss has also brought up his 100 and it has been a quite wonderful knock from him. Bopara has played a very good supporting role to Strauss, Strauss has really been getting after the spinners, Hauritz in particular.

andrewstrauss100ma9.jpg

Key Wicket: Strauss gone!

Strauss has gone edging off MacGill trying to drive him through the covers. He played quite magnificently, but his dismissal really piles the pressure on Flintoff to bat well...

...Flintoff has duly obliged to what was asked of him and has played very well to reach a 50 off just 69 balls. However, Read and Mahmood went before this but it has been Hoggy building the partnership with England's talisman...
flintoff50fu8.jpg

...Hoggard has played really well and has put a smile on the Barmy Army's faces. He has scored 30 of 24 balls including 4 fours! A bit out of character to say the least though...

...Everything was going so well for England but the last few wickets fell quickly and they end up with a lead of 136. This lead still gives them a chance but they will rely heavily on Monty Panesar to rip the ball and cause the batsmen problems on the fourth day. England will be pleased with the way they batted but they would have liked some bigger partnerships rather than the 50-odds they were getting. All the plaudits will be going to Andrew Strauss though for an excellent 120 off 220 balls which included 20 fours. Let us not forget though that MacGill and McGrath bowled very well to restrict England to this total...

mcgrathandmacgillbowlwedh0.jpg

Scorecard

scorecard2kx2.jpg

Bowling Figures

bowlingfigures2lm3.jpg

Thats it for Hornet Sports join us tomorrow, where England will be hoping to take early wickets and put the pressure on NSW. Thanks for watching...

Thanks again for all your comments and I hope you are enjoying the story, tell me if anything could be improved on!

wow great pres and effort mate keep it up

that looks a bit more like an english scorecard but too many people fell too cheaply

Thanks again for all your comments and I hope you are enjoying the story

yeah a lots :) especially the layouts u make! Nice presentation!

Unlucky Pieterson to get out soon! Handy innings by Hoggard though! Early wickets is what England needed now ;)

rabeta do u think you could put the fixtures on the first page, and then you can also have all the results

Sorry but there will probably be no updates in the Christmas and New Year period but I am getting Cricket 07 on the pc so there will be screenshots in my updates from then on.

don't worry mate i won't be updating my story either due to christmas, anyways looking forward to tge restart

kookaburra69 said:
cant you just play by using the keyboard???

I could, yea, but I just want to get it sorted out before carrying on.

Users who are viewing this thread