The Basketball Thread

Who will win the NBA finals?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Boston Celtics forward Kevin Garnett and Cleveland Cavaliers forward LeBron James lead the list of starters for the 2008 NBA All-Star Game. The list was announced Thursday evening.

Garnett was the leading vote-getter with 2,399,148 votes. He will be joined in the East frontcourt by James and Orlando Magic center Dwight Howard, a first-time starter. Miami Heat guard Dwyane Wade and New Jersey Nets guard Jason Kidd round out the starting lineup.

Denver Nuggets teammates Allen Iverson and Carmelo Anthony will be in the starting lineup for the West. This will be Anthony's first time as a starter.

Lakers star Kobe Bryant will team with Iverson in the Western Conference backcourt. Houston center Yao Ming was voted in for the sixth straight season at center, while San Antonio's Tim Duncan was chosen as the other forward. He has been selected to every All-Star Game since entering the league in 1997 and this is his ninth consecutive start.

Garnett will appear in his 11th straight All-Star Game, second among active players to Shaquille O'Neal's 14, and ninth start. James, the MVP of the 2006 game and the leading vote-getter last season, was second overall with 2,108,831 votes.

The game will be held in New Orleans on Feb. 17.

For more sports news, please check out http://news.finditt.com/NewsList.aspx?cat=6&wcat=5

Last edited:

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
Is Melo going to be healthy for the all-star game, he is out with a ankle injury.

Howard and KG are gona be sick together. I think that Howard will be the game MVP.

On the other side Chris Kaman from the clippers and Marcus Camby from the clippers would be my picks ahead of Yao as the starting center for the west.
Alot of good guards on the west coast, someone good is going to be left out. Chris Paul, Steve Nash, Baron Davis, Tony Parker all deserve a spot but only one will get it.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Is Melo going to be healthy for the all-star game, he is out with a ankle injury.

Howard and KG are gona be sick together. I think that Howard will be the game MVP.

On the other side Chris Kaman from the clippers and Marcus Camby from the clippers would be my picks ahead of Yao as the starting center for the west.
Alot of good guards on the west coast, someone good is going to be left out. Chris Paul, Steve Nash, Baron Davis, Tony Parker all deserve a spot but only one will get it.

I dont think Melo will be up for it.

King James will be MVP once again unless Kobe or AI have something to say.

I still think Steve Nash is the best PG in the league and would be hard to be missing out on starting spot.

lancashire666

International Coach
you gotta go for Lebron for MVP, and the east to win the game

does anyone know if five will be showing the game?

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Trade news: Shaq is now officially a Suns member and will again get a chance to wear purple.

Someone asked if he knew he looked good in purple.

"I already knew that," O'Neal said. "But thank you very much."

He acknowledged a new motivation after going from a team with the worst record in the NBA to one with the best record in the Western Conference. Widespread criticism of the deal has not gone unnoticed.

"I'm very upset," he said. "You just don't really want to get me upset. When I'm upset, I'm known to do certain things _ like win championships."

These are starting line ups and Melo is gonna play in it.

Eastern Conference
F – Kevin Garnett, Boston
F – LeBron James, Cleveland
C – Dwight Howard, Orlando
G – Jason Kidd, New Jersey
G – Dwyane Wade, Miami
Head coach: Doc Rivers, Boston

Western Conference
F – Carmelo Anthony, Denver
F – Tim Duncan, San Antonio
C – Yao Ming, Houston
G – Kobe Bryant, L.A. Lakers
G – Allen Iverson, Denver
Head coach: TBD

West for a win again

Ponting_14

International Cricketer
Funny how Denver has two players in the starting line up for the West, but yet they still have no shot at winning the conference.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Well Lakers had fab 4 once and they were terrible then.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Terrible? They got to the NBA finals.

They were not the best team in league. San Antonio has been best for long time now. Any team with Shaq could have enetered finals then. He was at his peak.

Also they got thrased 4-1 by Detroit whose Center was there to take rebounds and block shots rather than score.

Ponting_14

International Cricketer
They were not the best team in league. San Antonio has been best for long time now. Any team with Shaq could have enetered finals then. He was at his peak.

Also they got thrased 4-1 by Detroit whose Center was there to take rebounds and block shots rather than score.

Yeah, but they still went through the Western Conference to make it to the NBA finals didn't they?

I know you're probably a Celtics homer, but calling the 2003/2004 Los Angeles Lakers "terrible", makes you look more delusional then normal.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
KGs not playing in the all-star game, he is replaced by Rasheed Wallace which probably means that Chris Bosh will get the start at power forward.

lancashire666

International Coach
KGs not playing in the all-star game, he is replaced by Rasheed Wallace which probably means that Chris Bosh will get the start at power forward.

Gutted Garnett is a legend

anyway, channal 5 is showing the game here in britain so im happy

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
All Star East defeated All Star West 134-128. East was in control of the match throughout the game but let West in the game in last quater with Chris Paul making and completing some good plays.

Lebrone James was lucky to be named MVP as Ray Allen three three pointers in closing stages of the match were the diffrence between defeat and loss for East.

Chris Paul also had very impressive showing and even AI was seen encouraging the youngster from sidelines. The most funny part of the game was watching Dirk Norwetski playing as guard in fourth quater.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Dude that dunk contest was off the hook. Dwight Howard was pretty damn amazing.

And Kidd is now transferred to the Mavs. I'm happy--I'm a fan of kid and he was really only the only guy who kept me interested in the Nets after the likes of K-Mart and Jefferson were on their way. Maybe Kidd can fulfill Nash's role in the Mavs and take them back up.

Last edited:

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Howard has reinvented the art of dunking competition. I can say he will rule supreme for some years easily.

I liked Green birthday cake dunk too.

Users who are viewing this thread