AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I was creating this thread and you beat me :p

He has been good for West Indies cricket for last few years. He has done his job well and he was good with captaincy. He was removed no issues he performed.

I seriously lost respect for him when I just heard what WICB was saying but what all he has mentioned in this article could just be true. He could be well ignored and he was right in going against board. If West Indies is losing this kind of player the ICC should come into the matter and solve the issue. Him being in team means hell lot of morale improvement.

teamindia

Club Cricketer
Pity that such a great talent is going to waste. WICB and Gayle need to sit + talk and fix this right away

Params7

International Cricketer
I found out how bad things were when the WICB held a meeting in St Lucia in July last year. I saw the Minutes of the Meeting later. In reporting on why he thought that the West Indies had not done well in the T20 World Cup, the Coach, Otis Gibson, said "the Captain was not a natural leader" and that "Senior players and some others lack a passion for the game."

3rd Match, Group C: Australia v West Indies at The Oval, Jun 6, 2009 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo

2nd Semi-Final: Sri Lanka v West Indies at The Oval, Jun 19, 2009 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo

Is this what Otis Gibson was referring to?

edit : That's 2009, he did go through a bad patch in 2010 except this one match :
19th Match, Group F: West Indies v India at Bridgetown, May 9, 2010 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo

but his T20 form clearly came back..

----------
Also I just lost a **** ton of respect for Clive Loyd. How could he go from praising Gayle one sec to voting against him with the CEO the next?

The new movie documentary that came out praises him as one of the heroes? don't even feel like that watching that now.

Last edited:

BKB1991

Panel of Selectors
Gayle has done more than enough to declare his innocence. He wouldnt be making statements like these unless he wanted to play for Windies.

I reckon ICC should step in and intervene before its too late.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
Pity that such a great talent is going to waste. WICB and Gayle need to sit + talk and fix this right away
If it was like that, talks would have eventually succeeded long ago. The WICB is some sort of political juggernaut and they're not going to stop and turn around to see if they rolled over anyone.

You can read all about the people Gayle mentions on the WICB expose blog and there's a steady stream of news at CaribbeanCricket.

Ernest Hilare routinely slams the players as money hungry, but meanwhile goes to great lengths to squeeze every last cent from the board himself.

When Gregory Shillingford was sacked as CEO in 2002, he was given a six-figure golden handshake on the undertaking that he wouldn't sue for wrongful dismissal. He did anyway and owes $15000 in court costs, which he of course refuses to pay. He currently chairs the ethics committee.

In 2009, Conde Riley publicly said he would resign as director over a breach of the ethics code. In his letter, Mr Riley had cleverly put his directorship at the disposal of the board rather than resigning and although the legal team agreed he should be dismissed, the board quietly made no decision.

Here is the clip of Hilary Beckles calling Chris Gayle a mafia don last month, something he originally claimed was edited to discredit him when the news broke as sound only.

And you can see that while the board was turning against Gayle, it was indeed trying to promote Sammy as early as the tour of Australia in 09/10.

sammyfix2.png

It just seems that the WICB are in the business of determining their perceptions of the world and pushing it on all those who disagree. All problems for the board are caused by the players and Ramnarine, who would seem to be their arch-nemesis.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fenil

PC Cricket Leagues Legend
Gayle should be back in the team. He provides such a boost to otherwise brittle WI batting line-up.

Users who are viewing this thread