The "Manchester United are a bit rubbish now" thread

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
Ok, I'm starting this thread mainly because both the English League thread and the Champions league thread have constantly veered towards talking about the state of manchester united, and while that's ok, it would probably be helpful to have a dedicated thread on the matter.

So, the big talking point now is, with United fluffing their lines in europe in a relatively easy tie, is moyes position seriously under threat? is it dependent on the correct candidates being available.

what about this mega-million transfer campaign they're apparently planning with Kroos and Gundogan top targets?

P Squared

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Kroos would be barking mad to leave Bayern for us.

Money does talk a lot nowadays though....:spy

El Loco

PCPF Mod Chief Superintendent
ENG....
Probably more apt to post this again here then, since it epitomises this thread.

Just a reminder that Utd used to play like this:
25soeo3.jpg.gif

Abhas

Retired Administrator
  • If Moyes is sacked, is there any replacement that can get them the results?
  • Although I've never been a fan of Moyes, but the current players aren't doing him any favours.
  • They'll get players, mostly their second choices, but they will lose side of theirs too, which wouldnt allow them to improve their bench strength.
  • They definitely need a director of football, if they don't already have one, who takes care of the transfers, cos Moyes knows nothing when it comes to the transfer market.

khaleel

Club Captain
There just seems to be a lack of understanding between the manager and his set of players. They don't have the confidence they had under Sir Alex. Plus, constant tweaks and changes in the back four haven't helped to make it easier either. I seriously hope whatever plan Moyes has bears fruit in decent time to save his place.

----------

They definitely need a director of football, if they don't already have one, who takes care of the transfers, cox Moyes knows nothing when it comes to the transfer market.

That makes sense. Ed Woodward seems to share the lack of knowledge in the market that Moyes has.

Abhas

Retired Administrator
I actually never understood the signing of Moyes in the first place, because I couldn't understand the basis of the decision.
Moyes hadn't won anything while at Everton, so trophies on the resume wasn't the criteria.
We can argue, he did well with a mediocre team, but in my opinion, the time he was there, he should have been able to strengthen his team to an extent that they should at least have been challenging for Champions league regularly.
I've always felt he was a bit too defensive on the travels, and excellent at home, which I can still feel with the Man Utd game.

P Squared

International Coach
Disagree about the director of football part. The manager should be the one who chooses which player to target, as he is the one who has to choose the team and players, and as such the squad should be as he likes it, not according to the wishes of some random other guy.

Just look at Spurs, none of their summer signings were wanted by AVB, they were signed by their DoF which just resulted in him not playing some of them. It harms the club overall.

P Squared

International Coach
yeah cos Moyes' transfer record at everton was sooo bad, he could never sign any half decent player

Seriously though, he bought pretty good players with the sort of money he had.

No idea why I'm defending him lol.

D

Dutch

I think much has to be laid at Moyes feet. He just seems very, very one dimensional in everything. The Alistair Cook of Premiership football if you will...

P Squared

International Coach
In fact I read an article somewhere about Moyes having completely overhauled our apparently completely outdated scouting system, thats a step in the right direction.

edit-this was supposed to be part of my previous post...

D

Dutch

Moyes is capable of making a pretty average team look okay and thus a very good team look pretty average.......

Abhas

Retired Administrator
Two eminent persons in the club need to share the same vision. Obviously the DoF would need to know what kind of players his manager wants/needs, and would look towards its fulfillment. You can't have one person wanting defenders, and the other wanting attacking midfielders.

Moyes is capable of making a pretty average team look okay and thus a very good team look pretty average.......
You mean his opposition and his team respectively, right? :p

D

Dutch

Two eminent persons in the club need to share the same vision. Obviously the DoF would need to know what kind of players his manager wants/needs, and would look towards its fulfillment. You can't have one person wanting defenders, and the other wanting attacking midfielders.

You mean his opposition and his team respectively, right? :p

ha ha! that is one way of looking at it as well.

He managed to keep Everton in the Premiership and usually punching above their weight. He has now brought Man U down to that same level.

Users who are viewing this thread