IPL The Opening Ceremony: Amitabh Bachchan to host IPL 5 opening ceremony

6ry4nj

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
I am pretty sure Chennai doesn't know who Sunny Leone is.
You might be selling Chennai 'short' there...

Anyway, the stadium will be jam packed regardless. And once they see her, they won't care what her name is!

----------

TRP? Bring in Sunny Leone and then see the crowd go wild in a jam packed stadium!
I hope you're not referring to that den of vice and iniquity, www.jampackedstadium.com...:yes

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Salman Khan will perform in the opening ceremony, so I don't see Shahrukh being a part of the opening ceremony. And I think it's good, people are done with him after his CLT20 ad campaigns, heavy promotion of Ra.One and the several award shows he hosted recently.
His absence from an event will be so refreshing!

----------

Oh! Just stop talking about Poonam Pandey, Sunny Leone, Lucy Pinder, Michelle Marsh in this thread.
Nobody talked about Lucy Pinder and Michelle Marsh!

jacobfelix

International Coach
Nobody talked about Lucy Pinder and Michelle Marsh!

Yeah. But very soon someone would have brought them also into this thread....probably me...:D

Anyway, Kareena would be doing the "chamak challo" number....

Last edited:

BlitzBerg

ICC Board Member
Who is Sunny Leone (not being sarcastic, I am serious)I am pretty sure Chennai doesn't know who Sunny Leone is.

:eek: To know who Sunny Leone is, check out Kumarjit's room :p

Those who follow reality shows(too many in India), must be knowing her as she was in the last season of Big Boss.

Also, her presence doesn't affect local crowd, but viewers overall.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Amitabh doesn't seem to be a good choice to host. He might be good with his diction, but you need someone dynamic to host a T20 event especially as big as this. If what they wanted was some one like Amitabh to carry the show, Ravi Shastri would've been a cheaper offer :p

BlitzBerg

ICC Board Member
Well, indeed the worst staged show.

The poem being so lengthy, the sound clarity being awful, dance performances not going well. Colonial Brothers' song was such a waste! Nothing compared to last year's IPL or World Cup held in Bangladesh!

I hardly remember the crowd cheering when the captain names were called out. Also, they did not have enough seating as well! :facepalm.

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I don't think that it was bad, it was pretty good IMO.
But it rather seemed like a CSK event and not the opening ceremony! :p

Rohit Doshi

International Coach
This event should have been held in Mumbai. This was indeed a mediocre show and it just showed what this IPL would be another mediocre season after last year.

IPL either has to reduce its matches to remain popular or just stay being a tool and become unfamiliar with all audience. Rajiv Shukla is such a big joke :lol Really miss Lalit Modi, his speech was so pathetic and even a 10 year old boy could give a better speech then him

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
This event should have been held in Mumbai. This was indeed a mediocre show and it just showed what this IPL would be another mediocre season after last year.

IPL either has to reduce its matches to remain popular or just stay being a tool and become unfamiliar with all audience. Rajiv Shukla is such a big joke :lol Really miss Lalit Modi, his speech was so pathetic and even a 10 year old boy could give a better speech then him

They held it in Chennai because thats where the IPL starts (Game 1).

I agree with the Rajiv Shukla speech though. Pathetic! Who made that guy as the chairman of the IPL? First of all, he should be nowhere near Indian cricket administration. Srinivasan's speech was more sophisticated and better. There was no local star attraction included by the IPL organizers. Can't Srinivasan get a Tamil cinema celebrity to take part in this opening ceremony? It was all Amitabh Bachchan, Salman Khan, Priyanka Chopra, Kareena Kapoor, etc. No local celebrity who could connect with the crowds.

Users who are viewing this thread