The Retro Thread - links in OP

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I don't know if anyone else is interested in retro stuff, 70's, 80's, 90s etc.

Very keen to share details of uploads of players, kits, bats, squads and logos etc. from these eras if anyone has done any, will be working on any etc. So this is not just a thread for my stuff, but a thread for anyone doing retro stuff to share their work if they wish.

There are some issues with respect to linking I'm trying to iron out, but when I do I will be sharing all the Rebel Tour teams. You can see screen video in The Rebel Tour Thread where I am detailing my games in playing out the tours.

Most of the logos in use there (well all apart from the retro addidas one) have been kindly done by @Llewelynf - I will share those and my teams when they are completed.

But to kick this thread off in a hopefully nice fashion, here's a sneak preview of my own work, on the WC1992 squads and kits - so far I have done England and South Africa so I can at least recreate the farcical semi final :) (Note, I've just collated players, not made them, they need a lot of tweaks, some fearsome.)

These will be shared shortly once i have sorted out links and made the player skill (and a few likeness) adjustments. I hope you like them.

WORLD CUP 92 Kits & Squads
England & Zimbabwe PC User @blockerdave academy name mrdconnors
South Africa PC User @blockerdave academy name mrdconnors

RETRO STADIUMS
MCG 1968-1992 & 1992-2002 PC User @whiteninness academy name AussieDave27

AUSTRALIA 2006/07 - PC User @Sweppy12 academy name Sweppy12

Last edited:

Ajh1977

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I made a bunch of these in off my custom teams. The striped logo on the shoulder I did in 2 parts. I think mine are a little too big maybe after looking at yours and I didn't do the wc92 logo but if you download any of the following from the server they have a poor mans version of 92 kits.
Kalgoorlie >Lickar Moor > Islamabad> Suar> Kulapitiya> Prickly Pole>Tietiesbaai> Whakapapa> Insukamini.
Feel free to use them if it helps. Or you could just download it searching for logos?

Rowdoss

Club Captain
Awesome work..
I love the retro stuff.
I've been toying with the idea of doing the teams from the '83-'84 and/or '84-'85 Australian summer
But absolutely love the idea of WC'92

I'd be happy to do some teams.
I'll have to dig through my cricket junk 'cos I'm sure I kept an official program of the '92 World Cup with all the teams and player pics and profiles. So if I can find it, it would certainly help me with doing some teams.

Hondo

Club Cricketer
Awesome work mate. Is 1992 WC teams available to d/l?

I'll be interested in 1996 & 1999 WC teams as well :)

Brentismaximas

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
New Zealand
Ok, my three fav players from the New Zealand squad. Any guesses? All good batsmen.

Don Bradman Cricket 17_20170105203942.jpg Don Bradman Cricket 17_20170105204107.jpg Don Bradman Cricket 17_20170105204001.jpg

From the 90s

Ishmam Ahmed

Club Captain
I have done Bangladesh 99 WC kit. I will be doing their ICC trophy (the old qualifier for World Cup's) final jersey.

My to do list:
-bangladesh domestic kits & teams
-bangladesh World Cup kits(2011 and 2015 left)

After I finish these, I'll help with more retro kits :D

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Awesome work..
I love the retro stuff.
I've been toying with the idea of doing the teams from the '83-'84 and/or '84-'85 Australian summer
But absolutely love the idea of WC'92

I'd be happy to do some teams.
I'll have to dig through my cricket junk 'cos I'm sure I kept an official program of the '92 World Cup with all the teams and player pics and profiles. So if I can find it, it would certainly help me with doing some teams.

Mate I've got 2 (Eng & SA) done, and probably already have most players for Australia and several Zimbabwe too from their ATB I did for DBC14. So any of the other 5 teams you want to take on, please do and I will be very grateful :)

passwordistaco

Panel of Selectors
How's your selection status going? Getting close to higher honours? What difficulties are you on?
I've picked an English team so I probably won't be picked for the national team because the of bug. Only just been made captain of my club side. Playing on pro with medium/medium. Yourself?

Users who are viewing this thread