There's something not quite right here!

I don?t like it as much as my next next door neighbour?s dog does but it goes without saying a natural balance has been upset.

It feels odd to think that the English cricket team now has the wood over Australia in the 3 cricketing formats. An Ashes win in 2009, victory over the old enemy in their first World Cup final for 23 years, lifting the World Twenty20 trophy before the Australians and now a sraight sets victory in the Natwest. Hell, they?ve even won the Women?s World Cup in our own backyard, the Southern Stars failing to make the play-off.

An exciting English outfit made up of youth, experience and a distinct X-factor makes the Australians look incredibly bland in comparison. Even the uniform stands out with those radioactive armpits. Did they have to take our national colour as well? Strangest of all is the situation the Australians find themselves in now, playing for pride in the final two ODI?s of the series, and dead rubbers.

Since when did the Aussies play for pride, and against England at that! Gone are the days where at The Oval or SCG Warne, McGrath and co. would butcher a beaten, bruised and barmy British outfit in the final Ashes test, the graveyard where dead horses were flogged. Normally the Aussies would be looking forward to a series whitewash with the old enemy, but this time they?re looking to be on the wrong end of it.

Another interesting twist is that of the Australians now having a pace attack that can barely stay on the park, let alone chase leather like they are now. The former Dud?s army is now a very capable bowling attack consisting of Anderson, Swann, Stuart ?Manly? Broad and some annoyingly capable support. Not to mention they?re destroying a flimsy Australian line-up as we speak.

And the final two stands. The third ODI must be the fifth time in 12 months that the English number 11 has saved them from defeat. What can now claim to be the best tail in world cricket shades the Australian final four, a former powerhouse that now consists of Doug ?Leave? Bollinger.

There?s only so much?embarrassment?one can take at the hands of the Poms. Over the last two weeks they?ve beaten us at rugby, soccer, lawn bowls and now cricket, the final blow. I?ll rip that urn from their hands if I need to but someone needs to sort it out!

118734.jpg
Tim Bresnan and James Anderson jump for joy after completing victory, England v Australia, 3rd ODI, Old Trafford, June 27, 2010

More...

Last edited by a moderator:
Once we have Hilfy playing everything will be right, just you wait ;)

yeah, calm down its not the end of the world. you guys just need ponting back. and a spearhead who bowls extremely fast or is a lefty who bowls fast medium. ie. johnson/tait/lee to scare the english.

Are you blind or did you just not watch the last series where Australia played Pakistan?

Oh i thought he is talking about up coming T20 anyway i am not blind and you should not talk to me like this

Last edited:
I'm sorry, did you not watch the T20I World Cup and T20I between Australia and Pakistan at the MCG?
I watched these matches Australia was pretty good there but in next T20 there will be some thing different. :D

Well there's nothing wrong with it but I felt a little too much emotion in that article and what was your point really? England are in better form than Australia? So?

Who watches T20 anyway. It's the crappest format. I have not watched one T20 match live since the first game of the T20 World Cup.

Tooo late but Nice Article Gazza!!

Users who are viewing this thread