This is it - Ashes Cricket (Beta Feedback)

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Morning Guys,

Over the past couple of months me and a couple of the guys on here have had the privilege of playing/testing and giving feedback on the upcoming Ashes game.

Quite frankly it's been killing me not being able to share what I know when reading some of the comments on here.

This morning we have finally been given the green light to share our experience and give you guys an idea on what you can expect.

I have set this thread up to enable you guys to get a little bit of information before release to ease some worries, answer questions and just generally enjoy the lead up to release day!

I have to stress that the guys at BigAnt work above and beyond the call of duty. The Beta has been constantly updated with new builds with members of the team replying to our feedback at silly hours o clock during the night. It's crazy!!! I have never had such an insight into the complexities of tweaking and developing a game.

I'd like this thread to be full of constructive conversation with a positive vibe. I'm happy to possibly even do video requests with what I'm allowed to show, but can't be bothered if the thread gets derailed with negative rubbish.

Lets get going!!

D

Deleted member 185125

Stats issue. Is it fixed?
Insights on the academy.

D

Deleted member 185125

Stats is fixed. Earned stats update as you play like in 14.

I'e not tried career but I believe the feedback from those that have is that it is
Great. As I have said before, I have never been this excited for a game before and never have I pre ordered a game before .

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Stats is fixed. Earned stats update as you play like in 14.

I'e not tried career but I believe the feedback from those that have is that it is

Yup fixed, I'll grab some screenshots for you in a bit...[DOUBLEPOST=1509872550][/DOUBLEPOST]
Great. As I have said before, I have never been this excited for a game before and never have I pre ordered a game before .

Massive step up... your excited is justified

D

Deleted member 185125

Any news on the Academy? Additions and features?

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
This is great guys...

Views on test gameplay?

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I would say the progression in the beta has been excellent. Some really nice detailed touches that have been added based on our feedback.

Bowling is a mix of 14 and 17 - the ball selection is like 17 but you have the timing-based length variation back as in 14. There is also a couple of nice additions to that. And to top it all, all dismissal types seem to be open to the AI on all levels: a very important step up from 17. Shouldn't see too many scorecards with all 10 wickets being catches.

My PC isn't great and I have to play on lowered settings so I personally won't be sharing any screenshots as I don't want low res images spoiling the marketing.[DOUBLEPOST=1509873001][/DOUBLEPOST]
Field wouldn't stick... Is that fixed in this game?

I haven't had the problem at all, so hopefully yes.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
This is great guys...

Views on test gameplay?

As a test man myself I couldn't hype it up any more.

I have had the AI score as low as 180 and as high as 535/9 dec.

They don't mess about!

Oh and that chat about them possibly batting out 5 sessions for a draw?

Yeah that may of happened too!

Run rates around the 3-4 mark. Nicking singles and punishing the bad balls?

Yeah that may all be there as well![DOUBLEPOST=1509873127][/DOUBLEPOST]
This is great guys...

Views on test gameplay?

In fact... why don't I record the first 10 overs of an innings from you to watch?

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
As a test man myself I couldn't hype it up any more.

I have had the AI score as low as 180 and as high as 535/9 dec.

They don't mess about!

Oh and that chat about them possibly batting out 5 sessions for a draw?

Yeah that may of happened too!

Run rates around the 3-4 mark. Nicking singles and punishing the bad balls?

Yeah that may all be there as well!
OMG... This is awesome to hear....

Ramz

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
In regards to doing competitions i.e World Cup or T20, will the finals and semi final be played at the host nations stadiums and not SCG like in DBC 17. I know this was said to be fixed in a patch but I havent noticed this.

The reason why I ask this is because in DBC 17 for example India is hosting T20 WC all the group matches are played in the various 7 indian stadiums however come semi final and final its back to the SCG I hope this is fixed!

Or could there be a option inplemented to choose which grounds you would like to host WC or T20?

Users who are viewing this thread