Those 'Free iPhone' Sites - Help fight AIDS in Africa and India

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
Hey guys!

We've all seen them. The ads on the side of our screen, the annoying voice that pops up while surfing - "Congratulations, you have been selected to recieve a free iPod/Ps3/Other Techie device, click here to claim". Most of us ignore them, think of them as scams and move on. I did the same, until one of my best friends completed one of these offers, and alas one week later, the mailman walks to the front door with a brand new shiny-white iPhone 3G. :cool:

This got me thinking - are these iPhone sites for real? How can these random companies afford to give away the latest and most expensive products - for free?

I decided to research these sites a little bit and take it up as my summer project for school (Pretty last minute since school opens in a week:p) . I have to find the marketing schemes that these companies use, how they make profits while giving these things away for free, and I have to show the end result.

This is what i've learned so far. You sign up at one of these sites with your email address and personal information. The legit sites will not spam your email address or your mailbox at home. There in the website, you will be given a list of offers from many reputable companies such as Blockbuster, Netflix, eMusic, etc, and you must sign up for them and complete all the requirements that they ask for. These offers usually cost from $2 - $12, some cost more. Some are trials, some are actually full fledged items.

After completing one offer, you are required to 'refer' or ask seven other people to click on your unique referral link and sign up on the website and complete one offer also. Then, after all seven people have completed their offers, your product will be mailed to you :)

This is where you, the people of PlanetCricket, come in. Please click on my referral link and complete just one teensy weensy offer of as little as $2 (I can even point out to you the cheapest and best ones if you need me to) and help me get a good grade on this assignment. Not only will you be helping me, but I will be selling the iPhone i receive and giving all the money i get ($500 or so) to charity to battle aids in Africa or India.

It's for a good cause and it would really help me, and those children in need.

If you wish to help, please click this link and sign up with your email address in the box on the bottom left hand corner. Again, the link is http://www.YourFreeiPhone.com/index.php?ref=5334955

Mods - I hope this is okay, please try to not close this thread as it is for a legitimate reason and not for my own personal gain. If you deem it to be inappropriate, please close. :)

Thanks everyone!

Cricketman added 7 Minutes and 31 Seconds later...

If you do decide to help me, here are the best offers to complete :)

Video Professor - Free CD's on how to operate Microsoft Office products and other things - You only have to pay Shipping and Handling Fee's of $6.95

eMusic - The basic plan lets you download 30 songs monthly for a low fee of just $11.99, savings of over $18 compared to iTunes! Plus you get 50 free downloads with a paid subscription. This is legal, btw ;)

Amazing Webstores - Gives you access to make your own amazon.com store for only $1.95!

There are many many more offers there that are genuinely very good. Please take a looksee even if you plan not to help, you might find something you like!

DPRA

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
We don't trust anyone selling anything like that over the internet, you can say all you want about what you are doing, but No one will buy it at all.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I have tried this, only thing I ended up was getting an account with Netflix and I got sucked in to it and started using it. I couldnt get the 7 friends for referral and I gave up. I would rather go and purchase an iPhone myself.

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Plus this site has a small percentage of American/Canadians, so you're unlikely to get much reply.

Users who are viewing this thread