TENNIS Tiebreak - Official ATP & WTA game

JohnnyDGaming89

County Cricketer
What I find interesting is that it says it's the official game of the ATP and WTA. Makes me wonder if they've found a way to gain more licensing for players/tournaments etc

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
"Tiebreak" is a very boring title, and there was a game with that title, many, many years ago, back in the DOS days:

1678477949780.png

How about Super Smash Bang Wallop Game of the Century Tennis? Oh well, as long as it's a good game, who cares? :laughter:

JohnnyDGaming89

County Cricketer
It'll be interesting to see when some actual info comes out on this one, I expect it likely won't come out until after the Rugby game which has a September release. Maybe they'll try and release it around the time of the finals for the ATP, WTA and Next Gen, but I mean obviously around the time of the slam which give it the most exposure surely.

Nard2020

Club Captain
It'll be interesting to see when some actual info comes out on this one, I expect it likely won't come out until after the Rugby game which has a September release. Maybe they'll try and release it around the time of the finals for the ATP, WTA and Next Gen, but I mean obviously around the time of the slam which give it the most exposure surely.
September through December seems the likely window. The biggest “ATP/WTA” events are the YEC, which are November. Nov-Dec is also holiday season and a good push for the start of the 2024 tennis season…..the only other good window would be summer, building off the hype of a Major (July for Wimbledon or September for the US Open), but neither are actual ATP/WTA events and July seems too soon.

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
With the delays to announced for Cricket 24 and Rugby 24, it seems unlikely that the game is going to come out this year. We'll be fortunate to see a release for the Australian Open.

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
Who knows between Nacon and big ant they have 4 or five tennis games between them shouldn't be so difficult for them.

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
I was hoping that the start of the ATP finals would also mean that we'd hear something about the game. More fool me.

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
Expect this to be delayed to coincide with the Aussie Open where it'll launch with leather on willow sound effects, drop shots overpowered and AI returns either unplayable or Non-existent.

JohnnyDGaming89

County Cricketer
It's been one hell of a mess this year for Big Ant. I mean Rugby 24 was meant to come out as well. Wouldn't surprise me if Rugby is the next focus and this game gets pushed back to maybe even Roland Garros.

Nard2020

Club Captain
It's been one hell of a mess this year for Big Ant. I mean Rugby 24 was meant to come out as well. Wouldn't surprise me if Rugby is the next focus and this game gets pushed back to maybe even Roland Garros.
Highly doubt Nacon/Big Ant will want to go toe to toe with Top Spin. If Tiebreak isn’t out by Indian Wells/Miami (at the latest) then it’s a wrap.

Users who are viewing this thread