Time for two jersey system in cricket

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
When you watch sides play in colured clothing the one thing that comes to mind is that many sports in the world have two jersey system in which they have 1 home kit and one away kit.

Looking at today game between Australia and New Zealand you could notice that both the teams were wearing almost similar dark clothings. In day night games that can be off putting for spectators as well. It would have been nice if New Zealand could have brought there old steel gray kits with them when you know Australia will have been playing with there home kits.

Do you think its time that we had same policy of dual jersey in cricket?

Last edited:
No not really, in other sports like football it can be difficult to tell who is who with both teams doing the same thing at the same time, but you dont get that confusion with cricket, one team is batting and the other is bowling and only takes a quick glance at the scoreboard to tell which is which.

Generally the fact that there are two men wearing a helmet, pads, gloves and holding a bat, plus the fact that they are standing on the crease, and everyone else isn't, is a dead giveaway.

Australia already have a home shirt, an away shirt, and a Twenty20 shirt, and it annoys me that we always change them.

One of the stupidest things I ever read was in The Australian, in their sporting observations/gossip column (like Sporting Life in The Age) - I only read the Australian when I'm away - and they asked the question, does anyone else find it hard to tell the difference between the dark green and black shirts (last year's CB series)?

It's pretty obvious which team is which in cricket, so no need to force it upon anyone.

No way. 2 colours only make it confusing. There is no need. 1 side is batting, 1 is bowling. It's obvious which team is which.

Kent already have this. In past years we had a OD shirt and a T20 shirt, but for the last 2 years we have had home and away shirts. Stupidly however the two designs were almost identical, although I believe this coming season there will be a greater difference.

i think aus needs to change there shirts it looks to close to nz one. but since nz are away team they should change. and when south africa play australia they need to change coz they are both green.

thanx

i think aus needs to change there shirts it looks to close to nz one. but since nz are away team they should change. and when south africa play australia they need to change coz they are both green.

thanx

seriously it's still obvious which team is witch team's should stay with just they have diffrent kit's for diffrent formats not home and away or if the colors are the same..

Really there is only one reason to have 2 kits and that is Marketing. If you make 2 kits you can sell 2 kits. Personally I'd just chose the one I liked best. The advantage of course is if you don't like the home kit you can buy the away kit.

thanx

Its obvious who's who though.

SA; 3/105... they are obviously the ones batting.

Last edited:
Really there is only one reason to have 2 kits and that is Marketing. If you make 2 kits you can sell 2 kits. Personally I'd just chose the one I liked best. The advantage of course is if you don't like the home kit you can buy the away kit.
In cricket, that is the truth. Teams make Twenty20 kits and have seperate sponsors for home and away games for one reason. Money. In sports where players are running around together, such as soccer or football, clashes must be avoided, but in sports such as cricket, where the two teams have obvious designated areas and one team is batting and the other are not, it is easy enough to tell the difference.

No it's not. If you couldn't differentiate between who was Australia and who was New Zealand during yesterday's game I'm amazed you made it onto the internet.

Ever realised that in test cricket everyone wears the same colour?

One team is batting, one team is fielding... Is it that hard?

Not really, as everyone's said in this thread already, it obvious who's batting and who's bowling...

There is no question of players diffrentiation from both sides.

Its just would you like watching your national team having two kits?

The ones with big bats and helmets are batting, the ones without are fielding.

End of/

that is a bad idea IMO, because global warming is next door.

Users who are viewing this thread