Togoan footballers attacked in Cabinda, four dead

King Cricket

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned

Covvy

Panel of Selectors
Are they in the world cup? Also do they have any star palyers?

Harishan

Club Cricketer
Very sad to hear. 4 people have been confirmed now, including the bus driver, assistant coach, spokesman and goalkeeper Kodjovi Obilale.

RIP to these people.

The tournament is still going ahead and Togo have reversed their decision and they will still play in the tournament to show their nation's true colours. A very brave decision from them.

Last edited:

khalek

Panel of Selectors
OMG, this is such a sad news for world football. Never really had an idea that Angola could be such a dangerous place.

RIP to the people who have died.

harrisb

International Coach
i don't think that the keeper has died, but i think that depends on which news channel you watch, BBC are saying only 3 dead, but whatever the death toll, it's horrible that somebody would want to do this to them.

Covvy

Panel of Selectors
Well at least this could have been a lot worse. No players were killed. Just imagine if Adebayor got shot:eek:

harrisb

International Coach
yes, that issue alone has raised suspicion whether the world cup and the players competing are going to be safe,

imagine if the england team got shot at, our players are among the most high-profile on the planet.

JD10

International Cricketer
It's strange that no one has started a thread regarding this yet:

Togo attack: Africa's dream is in tatters after devastating events in Cabinda - Telegraph

What a vicious incident! Utterly shocking!! I guess sportspersons all over the globe have suddenly become a soft target for these moronic terrorists. First were those Lahore attacks, and now this. Black day for football!

Saw this on sky sports news. They've pulled out of the African Cup of Nations aswell:noway

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Fark.

I feel terrible for all the players and staff caught in those attacks. Terrible way to day, terrible scene to see.

Users who are viewing this thread