Top Gear's back! [Vote on the best Stig line ever]

Choose your favourite Stig quote of all time.

• He once threw a microwave at a tramp.

Votes: 8 8.0%
  • He realised before anyone that Jade Goody was a racist, pig-faced, waste of blood and organs.

Votes: 23 23.0%
  • He once punched a horse to the ground.

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • He is confused by stairs.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • He urinates 98 RON petrol.

• Jimmy Carter wants him dead.

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • He is stumped by clouds.

• If he could be bothered, he could crack the Da Vinci code in 43 seconds.

Votes: 12 12.0%
  • The outline of his left nipple is exactly the same shape as the N?rburgring.

Votes: 10 10.0%
  • If given an important job to do, he'll skive off and play croquet.

• His first name really is "The".

• If he went on Celebrity Love Island, they'd all be pregnant, including the cameramen.

Votes: 25 25.0%

• Total voters

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Top Gear is back (erm again!)

9pm Sunday 15 November. Blame X-Factor for the timing!

Also lookout for the Top Gear Live World Tour, coming to a city near you. (Well near you if you live near places such as Amsterdam, Sydney or Birmingham to name but a few)

MaD

Chairman of Selectors
They made an Australian Series...
EPIC FAIL :facepalm:doh
I just can't see those stupid hosts coz i'm so used to the British ones,
plus it's crap, British Top Gear FTW

Iridium

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
New Zealand

Agreed. I almost gets to the point where you grimace every time they try to make a joke and eventually it's painful to watch. They try too hard to be like Clarkson, Hammond and May, but the fact is Top Gear UK can never be emulated.

Can't wait for season 14!!! :D

Chewie

BCCI President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Season 15 out now! :D

First episode was last Sunday here in NZ. There was cricket in it as well! :p

Sureshot

Executive member
Couple of Christmas specials coming up. One on 21st Dec, one on Boxing day.

Spoiler:

America road trip, and a road trip through Iraq following the three wise men...

P

pcfan123

Great so some more cliche and stereotypical jokes at our expense.

Not sure why you guys love this show so much, I think that Clarkson guy is a giant douche.

Sureshot

Executive member
Great so some more cliche and stereotypical jokes at our expense.

Not sure why you guys love this show so much, I think that Clarkson guy is a giant douche.

Because it's stupid and easy to watch. I'd also agree, Clarkson is an idiot, but he's funny in his idiocy, he doesn't really take himself seriously.

For me, it's an hour where I can sit back, chill, laugh and watch cars.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Why isn't 'he knows two facts about ducks and both of them are wrong' in the vote? :D

Clarkson is hilarious, as are the other two.

Iridium

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
New Zealand
I like James May :)

Dunno why

James May is awesome. Probably because he less shouty than Hammond or Clarkson. That said I think Jeremy is the man. All the people who take his comments way to seriously ought to get a life.

Those two Xmas specials sound brilliant. Cannot wait for that. I absolutely love TG.

Because it's stupid and easy to watch. I'd also agree, Clarkson is an idiot, but he's funny in his idiocy, he doesn't really take himself seriously.

For me, it's an hour where I can sit back, chill, laugh and watch cars.

I couldn't have put it any better myself.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Jeremy Clarkson is no idiot - he is, as you said - The Man! I'll be entirely honest here - I'm not really an enthusiast when it comes to cars - but Clarkson makes me want to listen and learn about them. Anyone heard what's happening regarding The Stig? Top Gear without The Stig won't be the same, and after the last 'Stig' spilling the beans about how he was treated and going around warning others off the 'role', it might prove tricky to get a new one.

Anyway, didn't you see that documentary that Clarkson narrated/presented, about a little known raid of WW2? He was brilliant - he should do more stuff like that.

Regarding the best Stig line, this site makes for fun viewing:

http://motortorque.askaprice.com/ar...-stigisms-the-complete-stig-introductions.asp

Love these:

• Some say he isn’t machine washable, and all his potted plants are called Steve...

• Some say that he sleeps inside out, and that he once had full sex with Russell Brand's answering machine.

MasterBlaster76 added 4 Minutes and 27 Seconds later...

There is only one Top Gear because there is only one Clarkson, Hammond and May. Each brings a certain something to the show - if one was removed, it wouldn't work quite as well.

Last edited:

Sureshot

Executive member
They've had several Stigs. I think the show could do with a revamp, get rid of the SIARPC, maybe have a guest racing driver doing laps in the cars instead of a Stig.

Iridium

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
New Zealand
There is only one Top Gear because there is only one Clarkson, Hammond and May. Each brings a certain something to the show - if one was removed, it wouldn't work quite as well.

That very true. TG Australia was rubbish. The hosts were lame, the cars they had were dull. I think they've used about six different hosts. Shows it just ain't working.

However, TopGear US is different. Obviously it will never beat the original. But it's not bad. I saw the first episode and I was impressed. They had awesome cars (Dodge Viper SRT-10, Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera, Balboni and Murcialago SV) and a guest I had actually heard of (unlike in the Oz version).

They've had several Stigs. I think the show could do with a revamp, get rid of the SIARPC, maybe have a guest racing driver doing laps in the cars instead of a Stig.

I think the Stig is going to stay. It almost symbolises TG. However I saw this the other day:

Top Gear's new Stig is... Tiff Needell - mirror.co.uk

I don't think he'll be The Stig. The article says they needed someone to show the guest for the Xmas special how to go round the track so they got Tiff, who used to be on old Top Gear.

Users who are viewing this thread