Toronto Tanks steal PCPL championship

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
A dominating performance from the surprise package the Toronto Tanks has seen them beat off the Chennai Champions by 2 matches to 0 in the Grand Finals and become PCPL2 champions.

The Champions have tasted defeat at the last stage in both of the PCPL seasons after losing to the Manchester Monkeys who are now Manchester Divided. The Tanks showed strength throughout the tournament and are thoroughly deserving of their crown despite having a bad logo.

It was a disappointing term for the Dublin Destroyers who despite promising much missed out on a place in the finals with a round of playoffs still to go. A mixed season was had by previous champions Manchester Divided who lost their first 5 matches only to fight back and force a playoff for the chance to stay in the premier division. They however lost the match and were relegated.

Going the other way are the Vatican Victors who will fight with the big boys next season even if there is no more two tier structure as rumoured by the PCPL board.

Well done TT and stay tuned for the PCPL awards!

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Congratulations to the TT, they've fought hard and deserve their applaud.

The Spin

Panel of Selectors
Nice to see that a low budget team like TT can go and beat Chennai and Dublin who spent 3 times more than them. Well done to you all!

WestIndian

vBookie Team
Many thanks to all who supported us during the season, it was great competition and good banter throughout. Want say say hats off the the organizers of PCPL, you guys have been on top of things from match one and improved as the season went along. To the teams that beat us and to the teams we beat, thank you for your spirit and play, when we lost we learn and when we won we grew, we could not have made it without ALL you guys.

To Lee, I must say thank you, have have done well in very little time in PCPL as a part-time organizer, you could be even better next season, you have the quality.

To Simon, Colin, Rhys great work with the stats and commitment, if this goes on PCPL can only grow, you have nurtured it so well.
And to the Simmers you guys took the time to do these games, you created suspense at times, for ALL with delayed posting and elation for others when you did post, it was all part of the fun, and worth the wait, good luck if you choose to continue.

And to ALL members of the PCPL, great fun playing my first season with you all, I could not ask for nothing more, from the Toronto Tanks, thank you guys and if it does happen for a third season, good luck Tanks will be back, logo and all!!!
:hpraise:clap:clap:hpraise

Insomniac

Title Recipient
As I said, we have fulfilled expectations :)

zMario added 1 Minutes and 46 Seconds later...

Nice to see that a low budget team like TT can go and beat Chennai and Dublin who spent 3 times more than them. Well done to you all!
Don't worry, we'll be spending that much money next season :cool:

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
To Lee, I must say thank you, have have done well in very little time in PCPL as a part-time organizer, you could be even better next season, you have the quality.
Thanks very much but I wont be getting any better because I am finished. Not doing next season. I believe Simon and Colin are packing up as well.

KBC

Panel of Selectors
Excellent work chaps. I know how much work you've put in to get things right 100% and the hard work had had it's reward. A Brilliant season of PCPL, awesome cricket matches and the glory and pride of the game never failed.

Moving on to the teams, Ha! At least MAN D Didn't rule this time. :cool: What a joke! and We, Sydney are still filled with the spirit, enthusiasm and Bravery as we had before the start and next time, for real, We're gonna kick all your arses. :D Hope to find some new puddles in the competition too.

All the best and Thank you, PCPL Staff, teams and Planet Cricket. You never stop amazing everyone.

ledzep

Club Cricketer
Top season boys, hoping for another season next year mind.

Users who are viewing this thread